Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    I take it, we are not talking about Rambo then?
    oh no it is mr sympathy

ReputationRep:
    No get a proper job (ooo.. controversial statement there).. but seriously why would you want to go to war? Do you love England that much? Do you want to suck up to authority for the rest of your life?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    No get a proper job (ooo.. controversial statement there).. but seriously why would you want to go to war? Do you love England that much? Do you want to suck up to authority for the rest of your life?
    not me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    oh no it is mr sympathy
    *sympathises with eric, once again*

ReputationRep:
    Pros: you get to shoot a gun
    Cons: Everything else
    j/k

My Dad did his national service in the army of the Republic of S.Africa, and his experiences are enough to tell me not to join if at all possible. There's probably a huge difference between that and the current British army, but you've still got to put up with being treated like dirt 24-7 for a large part of the year for at least 22 years IIRC. You'll have to live with poor wages and when you leave the army your job proospects will be low. Joining the army is an honourable thing to do and I respect that but you need to seriously think about all your available options in both long and short-terms.

In reply to some of the questions i am british and live in Northern Ireland, I was comprhending the idea of joing Sandhurst or else joing the Royal Engineers and in doing so learn a trade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Chiswick?!
    Chiswick what?

ReputationRep:
    Join the army - they will sometimes pay for you to do a degree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sasha)
    Chiswick what?
    Is that your country?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FudgeMonkey)
    Join the army - they will sometimes pay for you to do a degree
    That is the worst advice i've ever heard.

before i did want to join the army and thought being a girl it was great that girls dont go on the front line but now i wouldnt join because i would want to go on the front line. if i was you i would enter as an officer becoz u get paid more get treated better and get really nice rations but it sounds a lot more fun to be a NCO (non commisioned officer) coz every1 takes the piss outta officers but u do get paid crap. althoth i also wouldnt join the army becoz they all seem to be (they mite not be but they SEEM to be) loud (so ud have to have confidence) and a little dense(sori) and u need 2 be funi otherwise ur in for a rough time. thats how it seems anyway

but shooting and fieldcrafts great fun and drill isnt THAT bad havin said that they all seem pretty nice and theres a lot of teamwork

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.