The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I do business and have offers from top unis like uni of manchester and soas! i do both economics and business and find business much harder even though economics is more respected!
Reply 21
I think business is easy to learn, but the exams are harder (long essays and time constraints)
Only one of my courses discriminated about business, and the universities I picked aren't ''rubbish''
Reply 22
Business Studies has a lot of content and somewhat requires the art of elaborating and bulls*itting for those 20 marks questions in the CIE board. People in the past in my school have gotten into LSE with both Business and Economics combo, with A's in both of course. If you're taking Business then make up for it by taking a slightly hard subject such as Maths or Physics also. Business is almost an essay subject that requires a healthy extent of analytical skills and has great career prospectus. Overall, yes, it is a relatively easy subject, but there are very few substitutes for this higly demanded subjects. Chances of succeeding in strands such as Marketing would be tough if you don't take Business, thus not even Economics can replace it in many aspects. Also, there is little overlapping content in Business and Economics, so having taken both I fail to understand how people can claim that content in these subjects overlap.
Reply 23
Business study is straight forward. For my As i got 94% ........ though i hate business, its so boring subject... If you want to do Economics at university then take economics, business studies, accounting, ICT and Maths.... thats what i did for my A level
Reply 24
Business Studies can be quite hard.. it has an awful lot of content and you need to evaluate everything in order to get a good mark. As said before you need a lot of common sense and be able to look at the consquences behind decisions.
I did Business Studies and Economics at A-level and i don't regret it.. the whole i must get into a top university attitude never bothered me.. i go to a former polytechnic and still got a placement with the Government economic service.. (thats 40 successful candidates out of 200)
Don't choose a course because it seems easy because most likely.. it isn't.. and also you should pick a uni you like not one that has the best 'rating' afterall you have to live there for at least 3 years..
Reply 25
At my college it was not a doss or an easy subject! We had four courseworks to complete, they were huge, and had several exams which involved a lot of revision! But I really enjoyed it, had a great teacher and so im gonna be doin it at uni in October! Also we didnt have Economics as a choice at A level! (:
Reply 26
ScottyLP
I'm doing it because my school don't offer economics :frown:

I do find it easy, but like Grapevine has already mentioned, if you lack common sense, you will fail.

So you've Cardiff as your firm, and Swansea as your insurance? Snap! :rolleyes:

In regards to those saying business studies is easy, then yes, like any other subject, it is easy if you've an ounce of common sense when it comes to business related issues.
Hi I am only doing my a levels because my mum has made me and I want to go onto an apprenticeship after, currently I have picked the three 'easiest' at my school being business, sociology and politics. I am a fairly average student and i am prepared to do a moderate amount of revision i am wondering peoples thoughts on my subjects and if they are as easy as generally perceived
It's not demanding in the same way in which the STEM subjects are for instance, as long as you don't mess around and take it seriously then you'll be fine.
Cambridge international examinations
Original post by Grapevine
Fair enough. But don't, like every other person on this forum, stress/worry too much about taking the "hard A-levels". You would be amazed at what subjects some of the people at my sixth form are doing despite getting offers from places like Cardiff, Exeter etc.

Are u sure cus I’m so so so stressed cus of all the negativity here
Original post by laugh72
Are u sure cus I’m so so so stressed cus of all the negativity here

It's a very good idea to take information from a ten year old thread. Keep at it :wink:

On a serious note, if you want advice/info on anything then make a new thread, don't bring old ones back to life :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Wow ok
Original post by thestudent33
It's a very good idea to take information from a ten year old thread. Keep at it :wink:

On a serious note, if you want advice/info on anything then make a new thread, don't bring old ones back to life :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending