This discussion is closed.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by endorf)
i have not conceded, i am saying what i have all along. mods are not responsible as they censor any anti-mod threads or voices (me).
The mods are not like that, no matter how abstract or how mundane your views, they shall allow you to voice your opinion, its not bloody Korea.
endorf
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
You think we haven't seen this before? People coming up with wild ideas to transform the forum and overturn the mods?

We see it very often and we have become very efficient at dispersing it.
a pity your efficiency could not be translated to other parts of your moderator duties.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
The mods are not like that, no matter how abstract or how mundane your views, they shall allow you to voice your opinion, its not bloody Korea.
well, for some of us it is.
Ollie
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i have not conceded, i am saying what i have all along. mods are not responsible as they censor any anti-mod threads or voices (me).
lol no i'm not. ive given you the chance to tell me what you have to say. and its rubbish, can you imagine this place without mods? why do you think we don''t post that often. maybe we're busy?

You think we haven't seen this before? People coming up with wild ideas to transform the forum and overturn the mods?

viva la resistance
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
lol no i'm not. ive given you the chance to tell me what you have to say. and its rubbish, can you imagine this place without mods? why do you think we don''t post that often. maybe we're busy?

viva la resistance
Its the massive influx of newbies that have caused this distress to poor old Ollie, little ones wanting help with their exams.
endorf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)

viva la resistance
probably busy banning people or deleting useful threads.
your methods of dispersion (ie. banning) are just a quick and easy method to censor anybody that threatens your position of authority.
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
probably busy banning people or deleting useful threads.
your methods of dispersion (ie. banning) are just a quick and easy method to censor anybody that threatens your position of authority.
How can you label Ollie accountable for all the deletion and banning of members?
Ollie
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
how come your not banned then?

no i mean logic.

think about it junior, we've heard it all before. this is what you get. if you don't like it, close the browser.
danni_bella
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Expression)
The guy is on a PC at Priestley College Warrington, an Associate College of the University of Salford.
Hey there, I don't have time to read through the threads, but I was concerned about a particular quote as mentioned above...

I'm scared because I seriously think I might have a stalker (Yeah yeah, I know, but this is for REAL, I have to be careful). He goes to a different uni than me, but he's a bit creepy and knows too much information about me, and I'm afraid to know what ELSE he's discovered about me.

OK, just wanted to know, can someone, who does computer science (he does comp sci, btw he also lives in Oz, but he's weird, so aren't you lukcy he doesn't live where most of you are from) track you down and find out where you live etc etc, what all your names are (first, 2nd and middle, e.g. 'Danielle Marie Jonas' or something, no that's not my real name, but close to it, if you know what I mean) your phone number and date of birth???

Because he's hinted to me certain info about me I DON'T think I may have told him, altho he could've just asked one of my friends or someone who knows me for that info... I hope... And on that, how the hell does he know where I work?? B/C the last time I saw him it was while I was at work, and I just didn't think guys where into cosmetics and skin-care products.

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I'm just curious to find out the extent of computer tracking.

Yours sincerely,

Danni-the-model/student
Cossack
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by danni_bella83)
Hey there, I don't have time to read through the threads, but I was concerned about a particular quote as mentioned above...

I'm scared because I seriously think I might have a stalker (Yeah yeah, I know, but this is for REAL, I have to be careful). He goes to a different uni than me, but he's a bit creepy and knows too much information about me, and I'm afraid to know what ELSE he's discovered about me.

OK, just wanted to know, can someone, who does computer science (he does comp sci, btw he also lives in Oz, but he's weird, so aren't you lukcy he doesn't live where most of you are from) track you down and find out where you live etc etc, what all your names are (first, 2nd and middle, e.g. 'Danielle Marie Jonas' or something, no that's not my real name, but close to it, if you know what I mean) your phone number and date of birth???

Because he's hinted to me certain info about me I DON'T think I may have told him, altho he could've just asked one of my friends or someone who knows me for that info... I hope... And on that, how the hell does he know where I work?? B/C the last time I saw him it was while I was at work, and I just didn't think guys where into cosmetics and skin-care products.

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I'm just curious to find out the extent of computer tracking.

Yours sincerely,

Danni-the-model/student
id like to help but unfortunately i dont know **** about computers...my guess is that the guy has been able to make educated guesses and has just seen you at work or something by chance - i wouldnt worry bout it if you can help it
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Yours sincerely,

Danni-the-model/student
Well, if the information is on the net, it is certainly possible to find it.
There are ways of finding addresses, names etc. if there is enough info in the first place to use.
If he has asked friends for any info like that, it is certainly possible to get the rest u sing it, but you have to have one thing (full name, address, phone number) to be able to get the others.
danni_bella
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Well, if the information is on the net, it is certainly possible to find it.
There are ways of finding addresses, names etc. if there is enough info in the first place to use.
If he has asked friends for any info like that, it is certainly possible to get the rest u sing it, but you have to have one thing (full name, address, phone number) to be able to get the others.
Yeah, hopefully the stalker's just used his common sense or something! Probably the case. Anyway, have just looked myself (real self) up on Google and found NO answers, no results came up, yay! )

Last year I was up there for cross country and this model shoot I did, when I used to be with (a certain, I can't say!) modelling agency, but I've changed agents now, and requested they not put my pics up on the web (portfolio OR other promotional work I've done), and they've agreed to it.

Also, the cross country thing was from years ago, like 2000, so that thankfully got removed too (about time!). I came 48th in my state tho, yay! And that was out of the 300 best, but bragging aside..

NO results today were found on google about me (whew! She sighs of relief).

However, could this dodgy dude still be able to find out important stuff about me, e.g bank details, or car deets, birth certificates??? I appear to also have been sent one of those 'trogen' viruses to my home computer, so I'm kind of scared now, but hopefully the virus wasn't sent by him - I don't think he's a malicious person, he's just geeky.

I think it's just a co-incidence, hey. Like perhaps my sister tried to chat to someone online and got it, no-1 knows, but again, I'm interested to see the extent someone (who does comp sci) can go to in terms of finding out... stuff... about someone else.......

Thanks, a worried and concerned Dani
Sam2k
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah, hopefully the stalker's just used his common sense or something! Probably the case. Anyway, have just looked myself (real self) up on Google and found NO answers, no results came up, yay! )

Last year I was up there for cross country and this model shoot I did, when I used to be with (a certain, I can't say!) modelling agency, but I've changed agents now, and requested they not put my pics up on the web (portfolio OR other promotional work I've done), and they've agreed to it.

Also, the cross country thing was from years ago, like 2000, so that thankfully got removed too (about time!). I came 48th in my state tho, yay! And that was out of the 300 best, but bragging aside..

NO results today were found on google about me (whew! She sighs of relief).

However, could this dodgy dude still be able to find out important stuff about me, e.g bank details, or car deets, birth certificates??? I appear to also have been sent one of those 'trogen' viruses to my home computer, so I'm kind of scared now, but hopefully the virus wasn't sent by him - I don't think he's a malicious person, he's just geeky.

I think it's just a co-incidence, hey. Like perhaps my sister tried to chat to someone online and got it, no-1 knows, but again, I'm interested to see the extent someone (who does comp sci) can go to in terms of finding out... stuff... about someone else.......

Thanks, a worried and concerned Dani
If he sent you the trojan then he could be getting the info off of your computer. That is one of the things that a trojan can do. Also if you use msn there are ways of getting your password and then he would be able to get any information that you had given them. I don't remember how to now but it is easily found on google.
Sam2k
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lol - he cant ban me forever can he - lol
however i would probably chose not to come back, i should really concentrate on studying a bit more.
No he can't. He can ban your email address, your user name, or you Ip address. You can sign up for a new email address, choose a different name, and get a new internet provider. But the question is... Would you go through all that trouble just to annoy more people?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (269)
51.83%
No (250)
48.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed