This discussion is closed.
jstringer
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
this isnt funny anymore can someone tell me wots going on?
Unregis
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by jstringer)
but it wasnt me!!!
You'd best apologise to expression and D. It must be you noone can have exactly the same IP address. You are lyieng.
jstringer
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Unregis)
You'd best apologise to expression and D. It must be you noone can have exactly the same IP address. You are lyieng.
well check my ip again, it isnt me! y would i be stupid enough to stay at the same machine logged on as me and some idiot? can you annswer that???
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Unregis)
The biggest problem is that there are a lot of people who don't know a **** and talk.

I'm not gonna say that jstringer is innocent cause I can't be sure, but there's a GOOD and BIG chance of it. Proxies people, proxies, specially in a lot of computers connected together (NETS).

Could be anyone in the whole university, who knows...
Unregist
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
well check my ip again, it isnt me! y would i be stupid enough to stay at the same machine logged on as me and some idiot? can you annswer that???
Well expression said you have the same ip. I didn't so you best sort it out with him and D.
SasunD
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
no, he can have the same IP as someone else, if he is connected to the internet from the Uni/college. This is because in a Uni/College... the individual clients are not directly connected to the ISP and therefore the internet. They are connected to the main server which is connected to the ISP which is connected to the internet. Your ISP allocates your IP. So if he is in a Uni/College, there is someone else in the Uni/College using UK-Learning, but since the server has a static IP, they have the same IP.

In real fact, his IP will be someothing like 121.121.121.121:1 and the other dude might be 121.121.121.121:2
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Probably has the same I.P because all the computers in his school/college are on the same network.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
IP masquerading.
jstringer
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
IP masquerading.
so is there a good chance that someone else was prestending to be me???
SasunD
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
then again, he can be proxied to someone else and so has the same IP as the other dude. Or he can be stupid enough to be the same people. because, hackers, as i said before, are not stupid, (you have to have at least some common sense to be able to hack), and don't waste time posting irrelevant and stupid crap.
jstringer
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
Probably has the same I.P because all the computers in his school/college are on the same network.
yes all the computers are on the same network!
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
This is more than likely to be the case, and theres every chance that every PC in that room will have the same IP. None the less I have emailed the computing administration team at Priestley College, and advised them of the situation.

They may do nothing, or they may take my on board my suggestion that we are looking for someone called Dave, or David using the UKL board.

The first thing they may do however is see who has been using UKL this morning between 12:10 and 1 PM, through their Network logs.
No No
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
Not necessairly. The server may use a dynamic IP address which will allocate a different IP to each computer on the network. Only if it is static will it be the same.
jstringer
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by SasunD)
then again, he can be proxied to someone else and so has the same IP as the other dude. Or he can be stupid enough to be the same people. because, hackers, as i said before, are not stupid, (you have to have at least some common sense to be able to hack), and don't waste time posting irrelevant and stupid crap.
im not claiming to be a hacker i just want my name cleared!
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I can certificate that you are not a hacker John.

Just look at the x386 assembler thread, VB, C...

But that crap could be done by anyone ...
jstringer
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Expression)
This is more than likely to be the case, and theres every chance that every PC in that room will have the same IP. None the less I have emailed the computing administration team at Priestley College, and advised them of the situation.

They may do nothing, or they may take my on board my suggestion that we are looking for someone called Dave, or David using the UKL board.

The first thing they may do however is see who has been using UKL this morning between 12:10 and 1 PM, through their Network logs.
wot do you mean by UKL board?
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
wot do you mean by UKL board?
UK Learning.....board

:rolleyes:
You_R_Stupid
Report 17 years ago
DO NOT bend over!
stoney1986
Report 17 years ago
burn them burn them all
[IMG]no one ever suspects the buterfly[/IMG]
Unregistered.
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Expression)
Email authentication sounds useful, where by we can recognize problematic email addy's - we'll see what we can come up with when VB3 comes out.
wot do you mean by recognize?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (268)
51.94%
No (248)
48.06%

Watched Threads