This discussion is closed.
nofronting
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SasunD)
no, he can have the same IP as someone else, if he is connected to the internet from the Uni/college. This is because in a Uni/College... the individual clients are not directly connected to the ISP and therefore the internet. They are connected to the main server which is connected to the ISP which is connected to the internet. Your ISP allocates your IP. So if he is in a Uni/College, there is someone else in the Uni/College using UK-Learning, but since the server has a static IP, they have the same IP.

In real fact, his IP will be someothing like 121.121.121.121:1 and the other dude might be 121.121.121.121:2
Two computers cannot have the same IP on the same network. The induvidual computers in the Uni/College have different internal IP addresses which are all unique. But, since they all use the same ISP they all share the same external IP address.

The IPs that you specified are exactly the same but use different ports so what you have said is wrong.

121.121.121.121:2 - IP address 121.121.121.121, Port 2
121.121.121.121:1 - IP address 121.121.121.121, Port 1
kingslaw
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Gnostic V)
Here's a list of those I submit should be banned:

1) Kingslaw
2) bigmcee
3) expression

Make it so.
Is that in any particular order?
wiwarin_mir
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Here's a list of those I submit should be banned:

1) Kingslaw
2) bigmcee
3) expression

Make it so.
hmmm, a mod banning a mod.
endorf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i think all the mods should be relieved of their posts, and new more mods with a more refreshing approach should be appointed.
EconLou
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Now here's a novel idea: how about me as a mod? Yes? No?
how about no, they expect you to have some common sense and maturity.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by endorf)
i think all the mods should be relieved of their posts, and new more mods with a more refreshing approach should be appointed.
of course you being one of them of course.
endorf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Now here's a novel idea: how about me as a mod? Yes? No?
if we have a mutual agreement (you vote for me, i vote for you) then yes. if it was in real life, like sacking the mods from a real job, i would kick them on the way out of the room aswell.
endorf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
of course you being one of them of course.
naturally.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
naturally.
you are a newbie, what possible reason could their be for letting you be a mod, if anything, we should have mr white or piginapoke to be mods, they have been arounf for much longer.
endorf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
you are a newbie, what possible reason could their be for letting you be a mod, if anything, we should have mr white or piginapoke to be mods, they have been arounf for much longer.
well one reason would be to kick your sorry ass off this forum to stop annoying the hell out of everyone you japanese wanna gimp.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well one reason would be to kick your sorry ass off this forum to stop annoying the hell out of everyone you japanese wanna gimp.
now now, let's not start getting personal. I am simply saying that most members are not mod caliber, I for one would not make a good mod, I'm far too vindictive.
endorf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
now now, let's not start getting personal. I am simply saying that most members are not mod caliber, I for one would not make a good mod, I'm far too vindictive.
i am mod calibre, as i already stated i would provide a refreshing approach instead of these idiot mods that currently run the forum. i would be far more relaxed whilst keeping a tight leash on the forum.
EconLou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've never encountered you before but I'm sure you're a loser - you'd be the first to go in my New Order as mod. Anyway, common sense is just too common for me.
I am a loser. You have sussed out my whole personality from one post. But hey I havn't got a grey gem so at least i'm a popular loser.
EconLou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i am mod calibre, as i already stated i would provide a refreshing approach instead of these idiot mods that currently run the forum. i would be far more relaxed whilst keeping a tight leash on the forum.
I'm interested as to why you describe them as idiots. Is it because they don't want this place to turn into teen sex chat??
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Are you fair, impartial and someone who is not vindictive or hold grudges.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Louise_1988)
I'm interested as to why you describe them as idiots. Is it because they don't want this place to turn into teen sex chat??
I have had clashes with the mods in the past, but I still recognise that they are needed, and I feel that they do a good job.
endorf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Are you fair, impartial and someone who is not vindictive or hold grudges.
yes, yes and yes. i also believe i can communicate with people from all walks of life.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yes, yes and yes. i also believe i can communicate with people from all walks of life.
and how many members do you actually no anything about?
endorf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Louise_1988)
they think they are above others (infact they are below), they delete some of the best threads which are relevant to many peoples lives.
endorf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
and how many members do you actually no anything about?
too many to count. like you for example

japanese obsessed
self confessed geek
computer called some wierd japanese names
loves making threads about his failed love life
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (585)
49.91%
No (587)
50.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise