Turn on thread page Beta

The power of maths should not be underestimiated. The number 19 is very special as it has been
    proved by the mathematical miracle of the Quran. Rashad Khalifa said the date the world would end
    was 2280. This was a big clue. Well this is where the calculator comes into it. You have the digits.
    1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 multiply these together you get 362880 The clue is hidden in the language of
    mathematics..... There is a clue within those numbers, play around with your calculator and discover
    a very special date. Who likes to play with Rubiks Cube? .....

[q1]> Who likes to play with Rubiks Cube? .....[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    I do and I bet I know what you play with, Omar. John

I have a little maths problem of my own. Could anyone tell me exactly why every even number greater
    than two is the sum of two primes? I need it for... um... homework. Yes, homework, that's it.

(and whatever you do, don't look at http://www.faber.co.uk/faber/million_dollar.asp)

Rich

"Richard Magrath" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    [q1]>[Goldbach][/q1]

[q1]> (and whatever you do, don't look at http://www.faber.co.uk/faber/million_dollar.asp)[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Rich[/q1]

Time's run out on that one Rich (Faber only allowed two years), however there is still 7m USD up for
    grabs for solving "homework" problems: http://www.claymath.org/prizeproblems/

A guy at Southampton claimed to have proved Poincare's conjecture but was mistaken

ObOnTopic : Southampton is a very good place to do maths, prospective University students.

Pete

"Pete Bartlett" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    [q1]> "Richard Magrath" <[email protected]> wrote in message[/q1]
    [q2]> >[Goldbach][/q2]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q2]> > (and whatever you do, don't look at http://www.faber.co.uk/faber/million_dollar.asp)[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> > Rich[/q2]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Time's run out on that one Rich (Faber only allowed two years),[/q1]

Damn! And I'd just finished proving Goldbach's conjecture too. Well, into the bin it goes, then. ;-)

Rich

"Very Wise" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    [q1]> The power of maths should not be underestimiated. The number 19 is very special as it has been[/q1]
    [q1]> proved by the mathematical miracle of the Quran. Rashad Khalifa said the date the world would end[/q1]
    [q1]> was 2280. This was a big clue. Well this is where the calculator comes into it. You have the[/q1]
    [q1]> digits. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 multiply these together you get 362880 The clue is hidden in the[/q1]
    [q1]> language of mathematics..... There is a clue within those numbers, play around with your[/q1]
    [q1]> calculator and discover a very special date. Who likes to play with Rubiks Cube? .....[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]

Look what you get. You get 362880 and add the digits 1 to 9 = 45.

So now you have 36, 2880 and 45. The date I get seems to be within the first half of this century.
    We are near the end of time.

"Very Wise" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

[q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> So now you have 36, 2880 and 45. The date I get seems to be within the first half of this century.[/q1]
    [q1]> We are near the end of time.[/q1]

Ah, but the laws of mathematics aren't constant. Nowadays 6 x 9 = 54 (check on your calculator),
    whereas in 1980 it equalled 42. It says so in The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, a title in
    itself which directly refers to the end of existence, and so should not be doubted in these matters.
    Who knows what 1, 2, 3, 4, etc., mutiplied up to back then? Who knows what they will in the future?

Rich

"Richard Magrath" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    [q1]> "Very Wise" <[email protected]> wrote in message[/q1]
    news:<[email protected]>...
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> > So now you have 36, 2880 and 45. The date I get seems to be within[/q2]
    the
    [q2]> > first half of this century. We are near the end of time.[/q2]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Ah, but the laws of mathematics aren't constant. Nowadays 6 x 9 = 54 (check on your calculator),[/q1]
    [q1]> whereas in 1980 it equalled 42. It says so in The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, a title[/q1]
    [q1]> in itself which directly refers to the end of existence, and so should not be doubted in these[/q1]
    [q1]> matters. Who knows what 1, 2, 3, 4, etc., mutiplied up to back then? Who knows what they will in[/q1]
    [q1]> the future?[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Rich[/q1]

This is a big clue. The Islamic Calender and the Georgian calendar. The Islamic calender is in the
    year 1423 almost in 1424. We are in 2002 in the Georgian calendar. You should discover a date. The
    date is hidden within the appearance of the calculator. Look at the pattern in the layout of the
    digits on the calculator. The number 59 expected lifetime of Isa should prove to be a major clue.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 26, 2002

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Equations

Best calculators for A level Maths

Tips on which model to get

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.