The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I was very nervous. My heart was beating very fast.

By the way, the GCSE results come out onf the 25th.
Reply 2
Yes, mine is August the 25th...I think! We got this form and on some it said Thursday 26th (I think it is the 25th on the Thurs), and some said Friday 26th! So a bit of confusion, but I am sure we'll be reminded!
Reply 3
It's definately on the 25th! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Oh ok *envisages me turning up on the wrong day*.
I was v subconsciously nervous, i always get that...so i thought i wasn't nervous at all, but mum & everyone knew i was cos i kept talking non-stop (well, in an even more pronounced way than usual...:wink:) in a hysterical kind of way!!

The realistic part of my brain was telling me to prepare myself for the worst cos i couldn't possibly have done well, but the part that will never believe what it doesn't want to kept imagining getting good results! V strange.

all my friends were totally hyped - several of them cried when they got their results either from happiness or sadness which i thought was a tad OTT but hey.
Reply 6
*Bethany*
I was v subconsciously nervous, i always get that...so i thought i wasn't nervous at all, but mum & everyone knew i was cos i kept talking non-stop (well, in an even more pronounced way than usual...:wink:) in a hysterical kind of way!!

The realistic part of my brain was telling me to prepare myself for the worst cos i couldn't possibly have done well, but the part that will never believe what it doesn't want to kept imagining getting good results! V strange.

all my friends were totally hyped - several of them cried when they got their results either from happiness or sadness which i thought was a tad OTT but hey.

Knowing me, I'll be pacing up and down a room, doing little things that irratates everybody else like tapping. I get like this before flute exams, and they don't even matter (well they do to me, but they don't affect whether you can go to college etc). Infact, I'll probably get very hysterical, and will probably cry when I get them!
Ah....results day. I remember being so curious about that because I had no idea what to expect. The A-level results day the week before, reading about it in the papers, hearing about it on the radio and watching it on TV, nearly killed me. I thought it was so unfair that the A-level students got their results a week earlier, although our exams are earlier, so it does make sense. I was literally counting the days, hours and minutes (I'm not joking, I'm that sad lol :redface: ) but then when the day came and I was holding my envelope in my hand, I really didn't want to open it. My 2 media studies teachers were standing over my shoulder, I could see my science, French, history and ICT teachers lurking nearby and all my friends were there, and I thought, how am I going to face them all if I've done crap? Luckily I didn't :smile: Then it was just complete chaos with everyone running around swapping results and registering for sixth form. I missed a call from my dad because I didn't hear my phone, and it was in my handbag that I was holding!
Reply 8
kellywood_5
Ah....results day. I remember being so curious about that because I had no idea what to expect. The A-level results day the week before, reading about it in the papers, hearing about it on the radio and watching it on TV, nearly killed me. I thought it was so unfair that the A-level students got their results a week earlier, although our exams are earlier, so it does make sense. I was literally counting the days, hours and minutes (I'm not joking, I'm that sad lol :redface: ) but then when the day came and I was holding my envelope in my hand, I really didn't want to open it. My 2 media studies teachers were standing over my shoulder, I could see my science, French, history and ICT teachers lurking nearby and all my friends were there, and I thought, how am I going to face them all if I've done crap? Luckily I didn't :smile: Then it was just complete chaos with everyone running around swapping results and registering for sixth form. I missed a call from my dad because I didn't hear my phone, and it was in my handbag that I was holding!

I am going to be worst the day before! It is going to be bad if people don't get the results they need, it'll be really hard to see anybody I like doing badly, and everybody else having done well. I might get somebody else to open the envelope. It is hard because everybody has high expectations for me, and then everybody will be going 'What did you get!!?'.
Yeah tis harder when people expect more from you :frown: but am sure you'll do great :smile: just don't worry too much.

Luckily for me everyone expected me to totally f*** mine up, because I'd been so ill and they knew i hadn't revised properly, so what I actually got was quite a pleasant shock 2 us all considering what we thought i'd get. One of my friends got 1A* and 9As and burst out crying cos she thought they were so awful...crazy girl! Problem was, she wanted to study medicine - well, her *parents* wanted her to, her dad's a "famous" surgeon - and they were really pissed off with her :frown: (plus she wanted to beat my other friend who got 8A*s and 3 As).felt so sorry for her.

which GCSE options are you taking?
Reply 10
You guys have results in envelopes. We just get results handed to us stappled without having them in envelopes. I don't mind really.
Reply 11
my results day.....i done well but all ma closest m8s done ****, i actually felt guilty like i had done something wrong!
Reply 12
*Bethany*
Yeah tis harder when people expect more from you :frown: but am sure you'll do great :smile: just don't worry too much.

Luckily for me everyone expected me to totally f*** mine up, because I'd been so ill and they knew i hadn't revised properly, so what I actually got was quite a pleasant shock 2 us all considering what we thought i'd get. One of my friends got 1A* and 9As and burst out crying cos she thought they were so awful...crazy girl! Problem was, she wanted to study medicine - well, her *parents* wanted her to, her dad's a "famous" surgeon - and they were really pissed off with her :frown: (plus she wanted to beat my other friend who got 8A*s and 3 As).felt so sorry for her.

which GCSE options are you taking?

It must have been nice to get some nice results, I would have been so frustrated if I had been ill, as it would be something I couldn't control. I hope you are ok now though. Oh dear, your friend who was the surgeon's daughter, parents shouldn't pressurise people like that. I hope she was eventually satisfied with your results. Anyway, she could still get As at A Level, which is what you need for medicine school? I am doing the usual English, Maths, Science and then Sociology, History, French, Graphics, Music.

trev

I presume we get envelopes!

That wouldn't be too nice. Well done for doing well though. :smile:
Reply 13
Having an envelope with results make me even more nervous. I prefer the results without an envelope. :redface:
Reply 14
I will have to force myself to open it!
Reply 15
I couldn't open my bloody envelope :eek: Not because of a lack of trying, but it kept tearing like halfway etc.
And I could hear my friend, who got it after me, saying 'Wow, I can't believe this.' (in a good way). But then when I finally did manage to open my envelope, he was like 'What?! You bastard!' (in a good way, for me) :biggrin:

For AS results day, I wasn't even in the country! It was really annoying logging onto TSR from my cousin's computer and seeing everyone posting their results, knowing I would have to wait another week. Once again, it all worked out well in the end though :smile:
Reply 16
NickiM
I will have to force myself to open it!

That's the only way. In addition, you need to open it some day. :p:
It is worse when everyone's expecting you to do well. Believe it or not, my results were the joint second highest in the school (along with my best friend, so it was great to share that with her :biggrin: ) My school isn't very high up in the league tables or anything like that, so even though I probably would have been near the bottom in a grammar/private school, I was one of the students who everyone was asking for results from.

I felt really bad as far as the maths results went- I got a B and was absolutely over the moon because I thought I'd failed, but all my mates got Ds, so I felt really mean celebrating knowing they all had to resit!
Reply 18
After the exams, I predicted what I will get at AS last summer. When I got my results that time, my predictions were right.
Reply 19
Wow. Well I have only predicted what my last flute exam mark would be, and I did better than I expected. I don't want to predict my GCSEs though, I don't want to become complacent/get myself worked up!

Latest