Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Someone has registered a user 'NakNik' and is impersonating me!! They are even using my old avatar and currently have a post count of 3.

Can this user be deleted please? (BTW, don't delete my one by accident!)

ReputationRep:
    They have even copied part of my signature line!

They have posted in this thread:

http://www.uk-learning.net/t15341.html

am still looking for the others....

ReputationRep:
    hang on a minute

ReputationRep:
    ive banned them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    ive banned them
    Ok thanks for that ollie - god dam trouble makers lol

ReputationRep:
    While we are on the subject. I believe there are a number of Bhaal's on this forum, they are all cloning themselves to be me all from 1-84. Please could you delete them? Thanks.

J/K

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    Ok thanks for that ollie - god dam trouble makers lol
    thats rich.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    thats rich.
    Vienna - I know I have behaved stupidly on some of the threads that you are arguing in - you just have a knack of winding me up lol. Anyways, I am now attending anger management therapy lol

ReputationRep:
    does someone own the rights to the name 'naknik'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    does someone own the rights to the name 'naknik'?
    Good point. Are there actually any rules about having the same name? If it were not allowed then surely they wouldn't have been able to register with that name.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    Good point. Are there actually any rules about having the same name? If it were not allowed then surely they wouldn't have been able to register with that name.
    its not the same name

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    its not the same name
    so it isnt. Well if its not even the same name then why have they been blocked???

ReputationRep:
    If there are no rules that you can't ban the person.

This is what I mean by overmoderation.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, banning without warning is pretty harsh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    The reason why I was annoyed is because they were deliberatly trying to impersonate me by using a similar name, the same signature line and my old avatar. In addition, they were posting in a way to try and make people think they were me.

I have no problem with people having similar names, it is just that this person was trying to impersonate me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)

the other person was impersonating niknak or naknik or whatever, they were claiming to be him/her.

if someone came on as bigcnee2 would you let them keep it?

for gods sake! talk about trying to stir things up again

ReputationRep:
    The reason why I was annoyed is because they were deliberatly trying to impersonate me by using a similar name, the same signature line and my old avatar. In addition, they were posting in a way to try and make people think they were me.

I have no problem with people having similar names, it is just that this person was trying to impersonate me.
    How can we be *sure* that it really is you??? Hmm?

ReputationRep:

i c ur point cuz they cud say nethin then u wud get the blame n its jus stupid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    the other person was impersonating niknak or naknik or whatever, they were claiming to be him/her.

if someone came on as bigcnee2 would you let them keep it?

for gods sake! talk about trying to stir things up again
    1) Were they actually claiming to be niknak?

2) It wouldn't be up to me, you're the mod! :rolleyes:

3) No. Just defending the little people.

(Original post by Bigcnee)

Yes you're right. I agree with that for one. It is harsh to ban someone on their choice of name. And maybe it was just coincidence it was the same name.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2003
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.