The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Dill
By the way, people might think they are being supportive if they praise curvy women, and then start slagging off thin women by saying they might snap, but that's just as bad as being nasty about the larger woman. Skinny girls are also self conscious about their weight. The thing I find annoying is when bigger girls are like 'i wouldnt want to look like a twig anyway, they look sick' and things like that, and it seems fine to say that sort of thing. It's like, surely they know what it's like to be teased, and then they do it to someone else. I used to get called stick insect and daddy long legs in PE lessons, by some chubby girls. I don't know if anyone understands what I'm saying, I can't think of a way to word it. Just, don't praise one extreme, and then slag off the other, because some thin girls are really self conscious too. I am not talking to anyone in particular, just, does anyone else find this annoying?

ok i understand what your saying but why should thin girls feel self conscious? they can wear what ever they want and get away with it, you dont see (well i hope not) fat people walking around in mini skirts
Reply 41
gossip_girl
ok i understand what your saying but why should thin girls feel self conscious? they can wear what ever they want and get away with it, you dont see (well i hope not) fat people walking around in mini skirts

lol, I've seen quite a few large girls wearing mini skirts I must say! But some skinny girls might feel self conscious because of the things people say to them. Calling them things like stick insect doesn't boost their ego :0P And people making jokes about them snapping or something. That doesn't help either!
Dill
By the way, people might think they are being supportive if they praise curvy women, and then start slagging off thin women by saying they might snap, but that's just as bad as being nasty about the larger woman. Skinny girls are also self conscious about their weight. The thing I find annoying is when bigger girls are like 'i wouldnt want to look like a twig anyway, they look sick' and things like that, and it seems fine to say that sort of thing. It's like, surely they know what it's like to be teased, and then they do it to someone else. I used to get called stick insect and daddy long legs in PE lessons, by some chubby girls. I don't know if anyone understands what I'm saying, I can't think of a way to word it. Just, don't praise one extreme, and then slag off the other, because some thin girls are really self conscious too. I am not talking to anyone in particular, just, does anyone else find this annoying?

well...i guess i know what you mean. whenever i gain weight...i feel so extremely upset and stressed which worsens my depression and i binge even more. it's getting under control now (depression & binge) but the weight issue still haunts me i guess. for me...i just wanna look "hot" cos, in a way, makes me feel better and more confident. i know it's not a good thing to think this way...but *sigh*
Dill
lol, I've seen quite a few large girls wearing mini skirts I must say! But some skinny girls might feel self conscious because of the things people say to them. Calling them things like stick insect doesn't boost their ego :0P And people making jokes about them snapping or something. That doesn't help either!

People used to call me 'cheese string' and it was supposed to be an insult- I just always found it funny to be honest, and it's not because I'm over confident, it's simply that I do think in general thinner people have the better deal (i.e. less insults than bigger girls) and it is true that they do have the freedom to wear whatever they want wheras for some people clothes shopping can make them feel very down :frown:
lessthanthree
I'd give anything to rip the fat off my hips. It's disgusting. My frame is NOT built for the after effects of a 2 year binge.

o gosh talk about it. i lost 17 lbs within 2 weeks in april...then gained 20 lbs within 5 months from sept to jan before i finally saw a psychi. i'm working so hard losing my excess flab.

someone give me money so i can go for lipo please.
Reply 45
dunno bout that... have been thin all my life and infact at some point quite underweight. had to be forced to eat by my mom, and had to go to the doctors. i guess thats the other extreme. not that it really bothered me. but i m not too bothered about size... would like to be taller though :rolleyes:
2 5 +
Nah. Unless he's a shallow, insecure git.

if i was only attracted to fat girls no-one would say anything but if i was only attracted to skinny girls people would have something to say...why? you cant argue with someone who has a preferance
Meh, don't get me started on this. :argh:
Reply 48
Mr.Brightside
if i was only attracted to fat girls no-one would say anything but if i was only attracted to skinny girls people would have something to say...why? you cant argue with someone who has a preferance

interesting point, harsh ... but very true
KingAS
dunno bout that... have been thin all my life and infact at some point quite underweight. had to be forced to eat by my mom, and had to go to the doctors. i guess thats the other extreme. not that it really bothered me. but i m not too bothered about size... would like to be taller though :rolleyes:

lucky you. i was really underweight before...but now not anymore. *bleh*

gosh you're so fit...can i donate some fat to you??

yeah i wanna be taller too. :rolleyes:

(slacking??)
Reply 50
when i was really skinny and fit, about size 6-8, from lots of running, i remember stretching out on the grass in the summer and one of my fatter friends said "eww that's disgusting, your ribs stick out", so i replied (in the same tone) "eww that's disgusting, your flab hangs out" and she got well offended. but i don't see why it's any different.

now im a size 8-10 and im unhappy with my figure because i prefer being thin and i think fat is highly unattractive, on me at least. according to my bf im still a stick, but when i asked if he'd mind if i put on weight, he said "not really, but i wouldn't fancy you if you got fat". to be fair, i hate his beer belly. total turn off.
Reply 51
RoisinHan
wheras for some people clothes shopping can make them feel very down :frown:

i've actually stopped buying new clothes coz it makes me so upset when i go shopping!!! The only advantage of that is that i have a nice ammount of money in my back account for whenever I need it.
chandni
i've actually stopped buying new clothes coz it makes me so upset when i go shopping!!! The only advantage of that is that i have a nice ammount of money in my back account for whenever I need it.

yeah...when i was underweight last year...i actually felt very good about myself. i didn't see myself as underweight (even though everyone said so and my period was going all irregular and stuff). i could always go shopping for clothes and the salekeeper would always compliment me on my figure and i always wore XS. but now...not anymore. sometimes i have to be at least S / M. i hate it.
i have what's apparently the perfect waist-hip ratio, a flat stomach and i like my hips. But I hate my lower half... When i lost loads of weight when i was ill it all came off my upper half, so i went hlf skeletal and lost virtually my entire chest lol! Now my boobs are growing back thank god but slowly!

think my bum's too big though, but most of all i hate my legs... It's all very well saying a size 10 is thin as someone did at the beginning of this thread, but my lower half is a size 10 and i hate it... i could never wear miniskirts and have now become so paranoid about my calves that i won't even wear knee length skirts with black tights and have resorted to wearing full length skirts and jeans everywhere, with tight tops so that people can see that at least *part* of me isn't fat... yep i have body image problems...:wink: but then most do
Reply 54
Mr.Brightside
if i was only attracted to fat girls no-one would say anything

No, really. They would.

And from many, it would probably be "why??".
Reply 55
eurasianfeline
yeah...when i was underweight last year...i actually felt very good about myself. i didn't see myself as underweight (even though everyone said so and my period was going all irregular and stuff). i could always go shopping for clothes and the salekeeper would always compliment me on my figure and i always wore XS. but now...not anymore. sometimes i have to be at least S / M. i hate it.

xs-s/m isn't becoming fat!!! try going into most shops knowing that there are probably not going to have any clothes that will fit you and you may say y doesnt she loose weight? but when shes been on every diet and exercise scheme you can think of and not lost a pound you begin to wonder what one can do to shift the weight!!! I'm probably like XL size or something like that...i dunno coz the last time I bought any clothes was when I was in the states.
*Bethany*
i have what's apparently the perfect waist-hip ratio, a flat stomach and i like my hips. But I hate my lower half... When i lost loads of weight when i was ill it all came off my upper half, so i went hlf skeletal and lost virtually my entire chest lol! Now my boobs are growing back thank god but slowly!

think my bum's too big though, but most of all i hate my legs... It's all very well saying a size 10 is thin as someone did at the beginning of this thread, but my lower half is a size 10 and i hate it... i could never wear miniskirts and have now become so paranoid about my calves that i won't even wear knee length skirts with black tights and have resorted to wearing full length skirts and jeans everywhere, with tight tops so that people can see that at least *part* of me isn't fat... yep i have body image problems...:wink: but then most do

yeah when i was anorexic...my boobs were...flattening so quickly. freaked me out. it's growing back now too. but i'm already 18. *bleh*
chandni
xs-s/m isn't becoming fat!!! try going into most shops knowing that there are probably not going to have any clothes that will fit you and you may say y doesnt she loose weight? but when shes been on every diet and exercise scheme you can think of and not lost a pound you begin to wonder what one can do to shift the weight!!! I'm probably like XL size or something like that...i dunno coz the last time I bought any clothes was when I was in the states.

that's only in this shop Esprit...if i go to other shops like MANGO or AX or sth...it'd probably be at M. and trust me...in hk girls being M isn't a good thing...cos in hk almost EVERYONE is xs/s.
yeah when i was anorexic...my boobs were...flattening so quickly. freaked me out. it's growing back now too. but i'm already 18. *bleh*

yeah it's really quite scary. Am now a 32A - annoyingly enough it seems to take longer for fat to distribute itself there than it does on my lower half :rolleyes: mind you i'd rather that than be an HH like my best friend... she loves it apparently but i would just feel so self conscious about it, personally i don't think it looks nice and it really hinders you movement!! I'd like to be a B to be honest - a little bit bigger but not much
Reply 59
gossip_girl

Because some think girls think they're fat. You can be self conscious whatever you look like. That's why losing weight doesn't make you happy, you lose your fat not your hang-ups.

Latest

Trending

Trending