Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Michael Moore is coming to Bristol (my home city) on the friday, is anyone planning on seeing him

what are your opinions on him? i have read Stupid White Men and it was ok, funny in places but his arguments had little real depth. his film bowling for columbine was very good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    Michael Moore is coming to Bristol (my home city) on the friday, is anyone planning on seeing him

what are your opinions on him? i have read Stupid White Men and it was ok, funny in places but his arguments had little real depth. his film bowling for columbine was very good
    Although I like Bowling For Columbine, I just think that he is far too extreme, exaggerating every little point sometimes (not that I'm saying in general, he doesn't have a point, I approve of his more 'conservative' views, if the word conservative can be applied to Michael Moore)

ReputationRep:
    i own both major books and the dvd of b4c.

i think its excellent, but sometimes a little one sidded

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)

Yeah, I am going as you know.

I agree with you that his film was excellent and the book was ok. He certainly does present a very one-sided view. Having heard him on the radio the other day, I think this was very apparent in his views on Iraq. It seems to me to be a difficult line to take that the war was categorically wrong. His responses to the questions 'do you think sadam should not have been deposed?' and 'how many halabjas (when sadam gased the kurds) would it take for the war to be justified?' were not entirely satisfactory IMHO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)

Ha phil mitcheals coming to bury

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2003
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.