The Student Room Group

AS English Lit and Lang coursework

Was anyone given the option to do either coursework or the exam (Genre Studies)? My class weren't, but myself and two other girls continually asked our tutor for the option, and based on our January results, she accepted.

So now instead of the May 27th Genre Studies exam, three of us are now doing an Angela Carter essay, which I prefer. I'm retaking my January exam for English and Sociology - I don't particularly want to take a third English exam (in May I'll now be taking The Spoken Word and Desk Study, as opposed to TSW, DS and Genre Studies).

If you're doing the coursework, what's your question? Mine is "The Bloody Chamber anthology consists of a number of 'retold fairy tales'. Choose any one or two stories from the collection and explore how Carter has retold the existing tale(s). You must consider her use of language and how it conveys attitudes and values in the re-told version(s). The main focus of your answer should be on Carter's re-telling rather than on the original tale(s)."

It's an exam question so no doubt some of you may have done it in previous years.

Latest