Turn on thread page Beta

how do you write a perferct personal statement? watch

ReputationRep:
    how do you write a perfect personal statement? :confused: Pls help me! I cant do it, arrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!! :confused:

luv steph xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilmissnaughty)
    how do you write a perfect personal statement? :confused: Pls help me! I cant do it, arrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!! :confused:

luv steph xxx
    I thought I had double vision, why did you post twice. You just have to be patient and wait for the other members. What course and uni choices?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    I thought I had double vision, why did you post twice. You just have to be patient and wait for the other members. What course and uni choices?
    sorry, it was an accident i sent it twice, its the first time ive ever used this :cool:

i want to study medicine

i am doing chemistry, latin, biology, german and general studies for AS level

the personal statement is to go in my gcse record of acchievemnt

luv steph

ReputationRep:
    Don't include any typos for a start

I am sure there is no such thing as a "perfect" personal statement. Just write what the UCAS guide suggests to your best ability, and then get teachers or even people on this forum to comment upon it.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    For your record of achievement you can essentially write anything. Unfortunately the things are pretty much worthless apart from as a way of you organising your achievments to present them to universities/employers etc.

But if you want some advice write about where you are now (what you are studying, which areas interest you, what responsibilities you have, what you do in your spare time etc etc), where you want to go (for example to study medicine and become a doctor) and why, and how you plan to get there (get good A levels in chem Biology and one other subject and get some relevent work experience in a hospital or caring environment).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexander)
    Don't include any typos for a start

I am sure there is no such thing as a "perfect" personal statement. Just write what the UCAS guide suggests to your best ability, and then get teachers or even people on this forum to comment upon it.
    ive been attemptin to follow a plan thing we were given but is so petty

its like ur hobbies n im not likely to write shopping in sumthin my uni will see, lol

i just dont seem to do anything when it comes to writing it all down in sentences and i cant talk about how amazin i am cos i hate making myself seem great, becos i dont like seemin big headed, its crayzeeeeeeeee!

why do we have to do it???????? UNFAIRNESS!!! :mad:

luv steph

ReputationRep:
    So presumably you won't be applying until next year -- it's a bit early to start worrying about a personal statement isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    For your record of achievement you can essentially write anything. Unfortunately the things are pretty much worthless apart from as a way of you organising your achievments to present them to universities/employers etc.

But if you want some advice write about where you are now (what you are studying, which areas interest you, what responsibilities you have, what you do in your spare time etc etc), where you want to go (for example to study medicine and become a doctor) and why, and how you plan to get there (get good A levels in chem Biology and one other subject and get some relevent work experience in a hospital or caring environment).
    so if i sey about how i work in a nursing home n worked in north manchester general hospital for two weeks that will look ok, and its ok to include that kinda thing even tho i dont like have any proof or anything

i did do it , honest, lol

luv steph xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexander)
    So presumably you won't be applying until next year -- it's a bit early to start worrying about a personal statement isn't it?
    our school are relli strickt

our statements were in for last term, but i couldnt do it

we have a gcse presentation eve on the 18th nov and they apparently have to b e in our record of acchievement files for that event mening i have to have it done before then

no idea why we have to do them so early, presumably to keep up the schools name as practically the best in the country, i dunno

luv steph xx
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    so if i sey about how i work in a nursing home n worked in north manchester general hospital for two weeks that will look ok, and its ok to include that kinda thing even tho i dont like have any proof or anything

i did do it , honest, lol

luv steph xx
    You could say you are an expert in tightrope walking and underwater basket weaving for all it will really matter in the big picture (your uni's will see your UCAS personal Statement - not your RoA PS).

If you're worried about coming across as big headed then personalise it - instead of saying "I got 100 A*s and a medal of honour" say "I worked very hard at improving my time management skills in the run up to the GCSE exams and am proud of how that translated into good results" (basically bullsh*t to some extent)

ReputationRep:

luv steph xxx
    Unfortunately, only you know the answer to that question. A personal statement is about YOU so only you know how to write your perfect personal statement. Others can only guide you on what to say.

ReputationRep:
    Try following this. Though proberbly medicine is a bit different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    You could say you are an expert in tightrope walking and underwater basket weaving for all it will really matter in the big picture (your uni's will see your UCAS personal Statement - not your RoA PS).

If you're worried about coming across as big headed then personalise it - instead of saying "I got 100 A*s and a medal of honour" say "I worked very hard at improving my time management skills in the run up to the GCSE exams and am proud of how that translated into good results" (basically bullsh*t to some extent)
    thanks, your a star,

i relli just dont want to seem like i think im so amazin snd go off blowing my own trumpet, lol

(by the way i didnt get 100 A*s , only 3 A*s 7As and a B, lol)

luv steph xx

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2003
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.