The Student Room Group

Anyone taking IGCSE Additional Maths (CIE)?

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know where to find Cambridge IGCSE Additional Mathematics model answers for the past papers. Any site or anything will be helpful. My regards, Archangelavi.
Reply 22
yeah
Reply 23
Original post by Siddd
How're you guys finding it? Post any problems here so we can help each other work out the answer and revise.

i have no idea why the cambrige mark scheme says that the integration of x^2 is 1/3x^3 when i think it is x^3/3...... help me?
Reply 24
Original post by Jacqueline

Original post by Jacqueline
i have no idea why the cambrige mark scheme says that the integration of x^2 is 1/3x^3 when i think it is x^3/3...... help me?

they're the same
multiplying by 1/3 is same as dividing by 3
the notation was maybe unclear on the MS
i just did my additional maths exam this session and waiting for my results ! and i was wondering if it is possible to score an A* in it ! ?????
Reply 26
I am in Y11, taking my exams in 2016 May.
My school offers Ad.Maths to Y11s only (no Y10) So, I've done one semester of Ad.Maths and currently battling with myself ob whether I should drop it.
I am considering to take either a civil engineering/architecture major in college.
I am decent in math, in fact I'm in the upper quartile of my class.
But I feel like Ad.Math is pretty much complicated pointless stuff that I won't need for a daily basis in the future.
Is it worth it to continue for another half a uear, if I'm not enjoying it very much?
I'm starting the course in September (year 10) and I've heard it's something like the first topics or so of A level maths and it's fairly difficult but that's all I know as I haven't started yet. Can't wait though! :-)
Oh yes also, is further pure maths is the same as additional maths? My friend's sister did Pure and apparently it's really strange. She did her maths GCSE a year early but in the end didn't take the Pure maths exam because she didn't want to risk ruining her A* streak

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending