The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
i share 3:14people, there is no problems. and there are cleaners.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
fxytimi
i share 3:14people, there is no problems. and there are cleaners.

what do you mean by 3:14 people?
Reply 3
im guessing a ratio of bathrooms to people
Reply 4
3 toilets to 14 people
Reply 5
Ah ok. Are there queues in the morning to have showers before lectures?
Reply 6
fxytimi
3 toilets to 14 people

Also are living quarters for the shared ensuites bigger than the normal en suites?
Reply 7
Depends on how clean your flatmates are, surely.
Reply 8
On my floor there are 30 people sharing 6 toilets and showers. I've never had to wait because everyone gets up at different times and has different routines etc. If by some freak coincidence all 6 were being used I could just go downstairs and use one of the showers down there! And yeah, they're generally pretty clean and they get cleaned every day where I am.

I'm really glad I didn't go for en-suite though, I've saved loads of money and I don't mind sharing a bathroom at all.
Reply 9
markdr
On my floor there are 30 people sharing 6 toilets and showers. I've never had to wait because everyone gets up at different times and has different routines etc. If by some freak coincidence all 6 were being used I could just go downstairs and use one of the showers down there! And yeah, they're generally pretty clean and they get cleaned every day where I am.

I'm really glad I didn't go for en-suite though, I've saved loads of money and I don't mind sharing a bathroom at all.

I heard they clean the bathrooms every week?
Does the shared en suite have a larger living area than the regular en suite?
p.s. you're doing an economics degree, yo have no need to worry about money :wink:
Reply 10
if you leave students to their own devices, chances are it'll be messy.
Reply 11
vinsta
p.s. you're doing an economics degree, yo have no need to worry about money :wink:

Maybe you're right. I've seen the cleaner in there most mornings but I haven't been paying too much attention, maybe she's just replacing the toilet roll etc. And sorry, I really don't know the answer to that question as I haven't seen any rooms other than single studies.
I wouldn't say that - I don't think now is the best time to be graduating with an economics degree. :tongue: Fortunately I've got a few years yet.
Reply 12
markdr
Maybe you're right. I've seen the cleaner in there most mornings but I haven't been paying too much attention, maybe she's just replacing the toilet roll etc. And sorry, I really don't know the answer to that question as I haven't seen any rooms other than single studies.
I wouldn't say that - I don't think now is the best time to be graduating with an economics degree. :tongue: Fortunately I've got a few years yet.

Ok thanks anyway.
It's not the best time to be graduating with any degree :tongue:
If it's like this when I graduate, a masters will be in order.
vinsta

from the notts accom website, the shared ensuite rooms look a lot bigger than the ensuite ones..I hope so anyway as thats why i chose shared over standard ensuite!
Which hall you applied for btw?
Reply 14
chriztina27
from the notts accom website, the shared ensuite rooms look a lot bigger than the ensuite ones..I hope so anyway as thats why i chose shared over standard ensuite!
Which hall you applied for btw?

Yeah, that's why I posed the question, the weird thing is it's £300 cheaper aswell. People have a high value for private en suites it appears.
I've applied for Hughes stewart and cripps. Cripps is private bathroom though. How about you?
vinsta
Yeah, that's why I posed the question, the weird thing is it's £300 cheaper aswell. People have a high value for private en suites it appears.
I've applied for Hughes stewart and cripps. Cripps is private bathroom though. How about you?

Yeh seems worth saving £300 and getting a bigger room!

Ah cool Cripps looks really nice :smile: There were no shared ensuites left there when i applied though..soo have gone for Lincoln as my first choice, Derby second:smile:
Reply 16
chriztina27
Yeh seems worth saving £300 and getting a bigger room!

Ah cool Cripps looks really nice :smile: There were no shared ensuites left there when i applied though..soo have gone for Lincoln as my first choice, Derby second:smile:

They were shared bathrooms which from what I can see, are essentially the same thing except you get a bath. Lincoln would have been my next choice if Cripps wasn't available.

Latest

Trending

Trending