Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What was your first thought when you turned on the tv or the radio and heard that the world trade center had been attacked and collapsed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    What was your first thought when you turned on the tele or the radio and heard that the world trade center had been attacked and collapsed.
    Complete shock, no way could the towers have been hit again.

ReputationRep:
    What was your first thought when you turned on the tv or the radio and heard that the world trade center had been attacked and collapsed.
    excitement that something interesting was happening on the news for once

ReputationRep:
    Words can't describe it really, it was just aweful, a tradgedy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    Heard it from my friend's mum.. she looked like she was about to cry :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i thought it was sick when you could see the people waving for help

ReputationRep:
    good one!

ReputationRep:
    You're joking?
    You would rather have interesting and bad news than just boring and not life changing news?

ReputationRep:
    at the time the planes hit, we were discussing in RE 'one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter,' didn't realise til i went home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    You're joking?
    You would rather have interesting and bad news than just boring, not life affecting news?
    He's a Conservative supporter.. nuf said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    Lol, well I am, but I don't have that attitude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    i didnt believe it

had to fone ma friend who lives in new jersey whose friend worked there (rip) until i believed it

luv steph xxx

ReputationRep:
    well werent you a bit excited? not in a happy way i mean but in a 'wow something important is happening' kind of way

ReputationRep:
    has anyone seen a picture were the smoke off the trade center has made a face

ReputationRep:
    well werent you a bit excited? not in a happy way i mean but in a 'wow something important is happening' kind of way
    that i cant deny.
    I wasnt happy but it was something to watch and the more news come in the more shocking it would get

ReputationRep:
    this was at about the same time as IDS was about to be elected Tory leader, wasn't it??? ho hum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    this was at about the same time as IDS was about to be elected Tory leader, wasn't it??? ho hum
    he'd been elected a few weeks beforehand. it rather overshadowed his honeymoon.

ReputationRep:
    i wasnt excited, i was scared, cos i hav a lot of friends who live in new york and new jersey and i know ppl who worked in the towers, not to ment ion the fact that i had been there a couple of weeks earlier :s

luv steph xx

ReputationRep:
    Well, I thought, wow - I was in disbelief really. But not in an excited way. Yes I thought this is a tradgedy, this is very important, but I would rather hear dull news than something like that.

ReputationRep:
    Although it was shocked, digusted, stunned etc when I first heard about it, it annoyed me that the news kept on showing it over and over again and hyped up a real sense of fear among everyone.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.