The Student Room Group

The London Underground Drinking Game

Everyone knows that students aren't too inventive with drinking games and that they tend to get sharded around between clubs, societies and other universities. Furthermore, not teaching the Freshers games has obvious ammusment. However, the year is almost out and none of he freshers from the three main sports societies at my university (Rugby, Hockey and Football) have worked out the rules to this one yet.

So, does anyone know the rules to this one? And care to share? Google seems throughly useless - unsurprising as its clearly a game played only by London students but perhaps someone here will know it.

Much obliged :smile:
Use the circle line. 2 teams. Start wherever. Head in opposite directions. Get out at every tube stop and head to a pub for a 1/2 pint or a shot. 27 stops. Double up for the first and last stop. First team back to the original pub wins.
Reply 2
Hmm...a good take on the classic circle line pub crawl to make it a little more competitive. However, the game I'm thinking of is a little more traditional - in the sence that it is played in a single pub and players take turns say a journey on the tube in the form of a pair of stations: There is obviously a rule determining which stations may be said next - e.g. the last letter becomes the first letter or it is actually related to the tube map.

I hoping someone knows the rules for this one :smile:
Reply 3
Are you talking about mornington crescent

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mornington_Crescent_(game)
Reply 4
Circle Line Pub Crawl anyone?
There should be a District line one for hardcore drinkers. Sixty stops, starting point is Earls Court.
Reply 6
Are you all insane?! 27 shots?!
LOL this sounds awesome, :awe:
This thread has single-handedly reignited my desire to get an offer from KCL soon!
The Mute
Are you all insane?! 27 shots?!

It last 8 hours usually.

Not impossible. I've succeeded. Last year I was foiled through non-drinking related limitations.
Reply 10
Benh842
It last 8 hours usually.

Not impossible. I've succeeded. Last year I was foiled through non-drinking related limitations.

Maybe I'm just not that hardcore. I'd have to bring a loaf of bread along to stop myself throwing up... :smile:
Reply 11
I am so doing this within the next week!
Circle line. Start anywhere. We used to start Baker St. Throw a dice. Travel that many stops. Even number first pub left out off station odd number first pub right out of station. Have a drink throw the dice and repeat. Very very messy haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending