Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just out of curiousity I was wondering how and when UK Learning started? Is there anyone here who has been around since the start? How did the first colonists find the forum?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexander)
    How did the first colonists find the forum?
    people used to believe the internet was flat, that if you went too far you would fall off the edge into deep cyberspace. and then along came this curious explorer called d, who went off in search of the indies, but went in the wrong direction, and instead of falling off the edge, landed on this barren land which he called uk-learning.net, and sent his first colonists there to plunder its resources

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    people used to believe the internet was flat, that if you went too far you would fall off the edge into deep cyberspace. and then along came this curious explorer called d, who went off in search of the indies, but went in the wrong direction, and instead of falling off the edge, landed on this barren land which he called uk-learning.net, and sent his first colonists there to plunder its resources
    Though your initial hypothesis sounds like it could be true, I have another theory.

D starts computer server up, makes website called UK-Learning, thne creates a forum. The rest is history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexander)
    Just out of curiousity I was wondering how and when UK Learning started? Is there anyone here who has been around since the start? How did the first colonists find the forum?
    the story is in the UKL bible
    http://www.uk-learning.net/showthread.php?t=15164

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    Ahhhh, great minds think a like.
    However being a mod, is completely different :cool:

ReputationRep:
    wow, bhaal's my daddy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    wow, bhaal's my daddy!
    You mean Sugar Daddy.

Wow, you actually read it? I couldn't even skim read it.

The board's history can be found here

http://www.uk-learning.net/t15164.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    wow, bhaal's my daddy!
    5:21 And Bhaal85 lived sixty and five years, and begat elpaw: 5:22 and Bhaal85 walked with d after he begat elpaw three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters: 5:23 and all the days of Bhaal85 were three hundred sixty and five years: 5:24 and Bhaal85 walked with d: and he was not; for d took him.

5:25 And elpaw lived a hundred eighty and seven years, and begat Surfing Hamster: 5:26 and elpaw lived after he begat Surfing Hamster seven hundred eighty and two years, and begat sons and daughters. 5:27 And all the days of elpaw were nine hundred sixty and nine years: and he died.

you lived for 187 years? blimey im sure near-lightspeed travel comes into it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    You mean Sugar Daddy.

Wow, you actually read it? I couldn't even skim read it.
    5:21

i just did ctrl+F elpaw

ReputationRep:
    you lived for 187 years? blimey im sure near-lightspeed travel comes into it
    I lived 969 years actually!

ReputationRep:
    LOL at everyone's replies, as soon as I posted it I realised that "colonists" was an eccentric word to use....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    I lived 969 years actually!
    crikey i missed that bit. shame you croaked before you reached a millennium!

ReputationRep:
    crikey i missed that bit. shame you croaked before you reached a millennium!
    969AD incidentally happens to be the year poland was "founded"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    969AD incidentally happens to be the year poland was "founded"
    oo, how interesting. is there anything good in poland?

ReputationRep:
    apparently a_musical_gal is my son.

ReputationRep:
    Pola-r bears (crap I know, somebody was bound to say it).

ReputationRep:
    the polo factory

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    the polo factory
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Pola-r bears (crap I know, somebody was bound to say it).
    polos and polar bears, wow sounds like a good country. can i feed the polar bears polos or is feeding the animals forbidden in poland?

ReputationRep:
    polos and polar bears, wow sounds like a good country. can i feed the polar bears polos or is feeding the animals forbidden in poland?
    only under pol-ice supervision

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.