The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Newcastle Brown Ale
Reply 2
Unregistered999
Hiya,
Does anyone have any ideas what I could speak about for my GCSE English Oral? I can speak about anything I like for between 1-5 minutes, but it has to be INTRESTING!!!!!
thanx 2 anyone who can help!

this is definately not soooooo cooooool lol

Sorry can't help.
Reply 3
byb3
Newcastle Brown Ale

hmm nice i like manns brown ale too
Reply 4
Newcastle Ale appears to have a strong following, if you do your "oral" (hehe he sed oral) on this geordie ale, you shall have many people that feel the same, and will fight on the beaches and in the air for you to stop them charlies. Or you could do one on White Lightning, the fact it's a cheap cider and its adverse effects on the unemployed slackers in the bus station.
Reply 5
A few ideas:
You could read out your favourite poem (maybe one from the anthology?)....then say why you like it, and invite the class to ask you questions

Or you could give a speech on something that your feel pasionatley about...something to do with current affairs maybe? You could talk about the royal family...Does Britain need a Royal Family? If you think yes then you can just talk about what they do for tourism, and how they are quintessential of 'Britishness', and if you think not you can talk about all the taxes, and how their second cousins friends mate gets to live off the st8 as well! Maybe you could say how the bisexuallity, affairs, death plots and snobbary do not give a very good name to the British.

Or maybe you feel strongly about Fox hunting? Asulm seekers? Anything you like really....as long as you learn what you are going to say so you are not looking at a peice of paper, speak clearly/ loudly and invite the class to ask questions (which buffs up yours and their marks!)

Whateva you do, plz post it here as i would love to read it! Good Luck!
Reply 6
Or you could just smile, and not say anything! What exam board u on by the way?
Reply 7
i remember this...i did the issue of whaling.

do anything that you feel passionate about, passion and enthusiasm for your topic can make an ok speech into a great one. my friend wrote his notes in different colours so that he could emphasise different parts with different tones to get his points across.

Keep it interesting and don't get bogged down with over-complicated language etc. and keep to the point of the speech
Reply 8
Heya,
Yeah u have some good ideas. I will post my oral so u can read it, but may be a while, couple of weeks, just look out for a the title saying your name and english oral next 2 it. Thanx 4 the ideas!
Reply 9
I based mine round a TV programme I'd seen on eating disorders which had really interested me and held my attention. It's only 5mins so don't make it something too complex. If you leave your audience with something to think about rather than covering every aspect of a topic it makes it much more powerful.
i did mine on the politics of football, around the time of the Lee Bowyer trial, pick something you know loads about and is kinda interesting
Unregistered999
Hiya,
Does anyone have any ideas what I could speak about for my GCSE English Oral? I can speak about anything I like for between 1-5 minutes, but it has to be INTRESTING!!!!!
thanx 2 anyone who can help!

How about an amazing experience you have had? Like have you been to any amazing countries or school trips?
When I do mine it will be about a school trip.

Latest

Trending

Trending