This discussion is closed.
theone
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I've recently reinstalled Windows XP, but when I try to have a voice conversation, it doesn't pick up any of the noises at my end, and I can hear the sound from the other persons end. Do I need a driver for this or not?

Help please
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by theone)
I've recently reinstalled Windows XP, but when I try to have a voice conversation, it doesn't pick up any of the noises at my end, and I can hear the sound from the other persons end. Do I need a driver for this or not?

Help please
Have you unchecked the 'mute' tick box in volume control?
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

Help please
i think what it is i dont have a mic but i do voice convos and i can speak but i cant hear the other person i think only 1 can speak and the other cant.
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

Help please
I am assuming your mic is plugged directly into your soundcard, in which case have you installed the driver for the soundcard. Fair enough windows may have installed a driver for it, but windows drivers are sometimes limited in functionality - may be worth installing the offical driver. Also go into the volume control and make sure that all the lines have the volume turned up and that nothing is on mute.

Also is the mic def plugged into the right socket.
theone
Rep:
?
Ahhhhhh, still getting nowhere.
Unregistered.
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Make sure your computer's turned on. If in doubt, check the plugs.
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
have you tried using a different mic? maybe your one is broken?
theone
Rep:
?
(Original post by Unregistered.)
Make sure your computer's turned on. If in doubt, check the plugs.
Any constructive advice?
theone
Rep:
?
(Original post by elpaw)
have you tried using a different mic? maybe your one is broken?
But it worked a week ago... guess that could be the problem, but I can still hear people through the headphones.
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
But it worked a week ago... guess that could be the problem, but I can still hear people through the headphones.
I'm not taking the piss here cos I did this once....has your mic got a little mute switch attached sumwhere along the cable? Mine had a little volume control and mute switch that was attached to the cable - I spent ages trying to work out why it wasn't working lol.
theone
Rep:
?
(Original post by NikNak)
I'm not taking the piss here cos I did this once....has your mic got a little mute switch attached sumwhere along the cable? Mine had a little volume control and mute switch that was attached to the cable - I spent ages trying to work out why it wasn't working lol.
Yep, and I've got the mic turned on
theone
Rep:
?
Is there an easy way I can tell if my mic's just buggered...
theone
Rep:
?
Noone know?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (202)
52.33%
No (184)
47.67%

Watched Threads