The Student Room Group

Why haven't my nipples developed?

Im aged 17 female (obvously - but just incase!) and Im quite insecure about my breasts as they are quite small generally - an A cup, probably almost a B. But my breasts dont look like a normal teenage girls, they have sort of stayed the same since I was about 15 - just got bigger in size. The shape is okay I guess, but there is no definite nipple area, just sort of a pinky area at the tip with tiny dots around it (which you can barely see) and dot in the middle which is only ever potent when it gets wet or touched, then it will stick up a bit, otherwise it just blends in completely.
Kinda confused...will it ever grow or will it be like this forever? - it doesn't seem normal. Im aware there are small nipples, and mine are tiny, but they dont look like nipples, just a little dot basically.

Tht probably made no sense, but oh well, hope for some replies. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Have you tried googling inverted nipples? They could just be a really light colour.
People have different coloured, different sized nipples. Nothing to worry about.
Reply 3
theys all different sweetie, some point inwards, some take up most of the breast, nothing to worry about at all, nobody will be bothered when they see them, trust me
Reply 4
Nynyflower
Have you tried googling inverted nipples? They could just be a really light colour.

yup, just had a look. but mine dont go in-wards as such, just not very 'sticky-outty' i guess. they sorta appear if you touch them or when theyre wet, but otherwise barely visible.
Reply 5
Anonymous
Im aged 17 female (obvously - but just incase!) and Im quite insecure about my breasts as they are quite small generally - an A cup, probably almost a B. But my breasts dont look like a normal teenage girls, they have sort of stayed the same since I was about 15 - just got bigger in size. The shape is okay I guess, but there is no definite nipple area, just sort of a pinky area at the tip with tiny dots around it (which you can barely see) and dot in the middle which is only ever potent when it gets wet or touched, then it will stick up a bit, otherwise it just blends in completely.
Kinda confused...will it ever grow or will it be like this forever? - it doesn't seem normal. Im aware there are small nipples, and mine are tiny, but they dont look like nipples, just a little dot basically.

1.) 'The pinky area'
Everyone's areola (this pinky area) is a different size and shape. It only gets darker after you've had kids so yours sounds normal.
2.) 'Tiny dots round it'
These are also perfectly normal. They are small glands that secrete oils to stop the nipple cracking. Again these multiply when you have a baby, so yours sound normal now.
3.) 'Nipple is only ever potent when it gets wet or touched'
This again is normal. Most people's nipples only stick out when they are cold, or sexually aroused, etc. Again yours sound normal.

The only thing you need to worry about is if the nipple is constantly inverted and doesn't come out when the other one does, for example when you get wet or cold or whatever. If yours are like this then go see your GP.

Hope that's put your mind at rest :smile:
ok that 2nd picture isn't weird at all :s-smilie: i'm same age as you and mine are similar to that!
Reply 7
elziebelzie
ok that 2nd picture isn't weird at all :s-smilie: i'm same age as you and mine are similar to that!

really? but its almost as if we dont have a nipple. lol. but at least i know it's not weird now, i suppose as I get older it might become more prominent, if my breasts develop a bit more. thanks for help all :smile:
Anonymous
really? but its almost as if we dont have a nipple. lol. but at least i know it's not weird now, i suppose as I get older it might become more prominent, if my breasts develop a bit more. thanks for help all :smile:

nooo i honestly do think that's completely normal! seriously, all women's boobs are different! don't worry about it. the nipple is the bit in the middle anyway! the outside bit you're talking about is the areola (sp?) and they are known for being different on every woman.
Reply 9
both of those links look like normal nipples to me. I can't see what's not normal about them. The first picture is of a cold nipple, the second of a nipple at rest :p:
Everyone's different - I'm 19, and I swear my boobs can't have finished growing - it looks like they got bored and abandoned the job halfway through!!

Oh well, better than being hit in the face while running, I suppose :p:
Reply 11
lol, I just got warned for creating this thread - bit of a joke :/ but thanks guys :smile:
Reply 12
one of my ex girlfriends had inverted nips, not a big issue really
I am 20 years old, and my nipples are not "sticking out". Two of my sisters' are and they have no kids. Theirs have been sticking out since they were 18. I thought that it was because of my weight, or that my boobs were mostly fat, not tissue.
I have inverted nipples how do I fix this
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there,
So from this you’ve got we call in the industry weird ****ed up freak nipples “, but it’s minor because there are solutions.
1. Just ignore it and live your life as a bit of a freak of nature, but some boys are into that :wink:
2. Chop them off and live your life as a boy with no penis which isn’t really gonna help anything
3. HARD drugs, like just become a nitty
4. Die ( last resort )

Good luck sweetheart
D x
Original post by Missb1988
I have inverted nipples how do I fix this
:doctor:

Original post by DOMinator4000
Hi there,
So from this you’ve got we call in the industry weird ****ed up freak nipples “, but it’s minor because there are solutions.
1. Just ignore it and live your life as a bit of a freak of nature, but some boys are into that :wink:
2. Chop them off and live your life as a boy with no penis which isn’t really gonna help anything
3. HARD drugs, like just become a nitty
4. Die ( last resort )

Good luck sweetheart
D x
OP's nipples have probably sorted themselves out by now - that thread was nine years old, after all. If they haven't, they likely never will.
hope everything is OK now OP ?

:holmes:
Reply 18
My nipples are also like this, they only stick out when I rub them in a circular motion with my middle fingers.
Honestly this is me as well I started my period after turning 14 and I’m almost 16 now and literally I’m a cup AA/A and only one nippled points out the tinest bit and the other just stays inside.