This discussion is closed.
Mr Unreg
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
does any1 else find it reeeally annoying that oxbridge-info.co.uk doesnt seem2b working -

- a month before the ox interviews!!
Dr Unreg
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
It's working for me
Mr Unreg
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
do I have the url right? www.oxbridge-info.co.uk ?
Mr Unreg
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I mean

www. oxbridge-info .co.uk
not1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
add the http://for the url to work
http://www.oxbridge-info.co.uk
Mr Unreg
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Still not working
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah, even I've been trying for ages!!! I thought it was just my connection. I thought the site would be especially helpful so near the interviews...just our luck eh? :confused:
Ralfskini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeh it doesn't work for me.
loftx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No one should be able to ge to it. The domain name is detagged - which basically means that even though the web site may still be running but the domain name (oxbridge-info.co.uk) is not pointing to the server so no one using this address can get there.

As for why this happened, I can't tell you, but it could take a while for the site to come back up again - I would say the absoulte minimum time will be 48 hours and it could take more than a week for it to start working again.
Mr Unreg
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by loftx)
No one should be able to ge to it. The domain name is detagged - which basically means that even though the web site may still be running but the domain name (oxbridge-info.co.uk) is not pointing to the server so no one using this address can get there.

As for why this happened, I can't tell you, but it could take a while for the site to come back up again - I would say the absoulte minimum time will be 48 hours and it could take more than a week for it to start working again.
nooooooooooooooooooo

but thanks loftx
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by loftx)

Loftx,

Just reading through the Freshers Guide on your site:

The "Nelson Mandella Building", is indeed the name of the Student's Union at our good friends down the road at Hallam University.

However, it is affectionatly known as NMB to the users of it, either for ease, or to save the embarrasement.

Totally unrelated to this thread, but thought I'd mention it.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (21)
40.38%
Take exams next summer (12)
23.08%
Change uni choice through clearing (13)
25%
Apply to uni next year instead (5)
9.62%
I'm not applying to university (1)
1.92%

Watched Threads