Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ah i kinda know where bradford is!i love it up in wakefield, great nightlife, isnt bradford on the way to leeds?ANYWAY i really dont think 16 and 21 is wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    At 17, you seldom find people dating girls younger than 16.
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    i know some boys who are dating younger girls and its sick im going to name and shame them
    karl histed(18)is going out with beth (13)
    Gary surrage(17)is going out wiht lydia(14)
    Is bradford kinda near leeds?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimmybabe)
    yer i know but if the parents are monitoring the relationship and dont mind about it(which i certainly would) then its not our buisiness to judge! where in west yorkshire are you from?i used to live in wakefield!
    You sound like an actual weirdo! How could you condone such crap. 12 YEARS OLD!! And a 17 year old guy..I'd beat up the guy actually..its called PAEDOPHILIA!! OMG..I can't believe you're actually thinking of the thought of recommending the pill to a 12 year old girl..I mean come on man.. that's just...NASTY!!

i know some boys who are dating younger girls and its sick im going to name and shame them
    karl histed(18)is going out with beth (13)
    Gary surrage(17)is going out wiht lydia(14)
    Is bradford kinda near leeds?
    Could someone report them to the police? I tried too, but they would only investigate the case if I gave them my full name.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 in 2 weeks time and for a long time, I have had this kind of thing where if I was to have a girlfriend, she can't be more than a year younger than me. I'm in Upper Sixth and my friends say it's ok to go out with girls in the Lower Sixth but I sometimes feel a bit disgusted. However, when it comes to girls older than me, if she is no more than 2 years older than me, then I'm ok with it. I dunno why though, it could be because I don't expect too many girls who are a year below me to be mature enough since I prefer those who act more like an adult than those who 'mess about' with their friends like little kids.

ReputationRep:
    its not realy someone else mentioned the 12 and 17 year old and they said its been on the news before if you look carefully you will notice that its actually about my mate 16 and her boyfriend 21!!
    and i think everyones entitled to the pill if they want it, if it stops underage pregenancies then i think everyone should have it free form the age of 12, like a meningitus jab or something!
    Im on it and its fcuking great for bad periods, man its like your not even having them!and it clears up teenage spots its amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jediknight007)
    I'm 18 in 2 weeks time and for a long time, I have had this kind of thing where if I was to have a girlfriend, she can't be more than a year younger than me. I'm in Upper Sixth and my friends say it's ok to go out with girls in the Lower Sixth but I sometimes feel a bit disgusted. However, when it comes to girls older than me, if she is no more than 2 years older than me, then I'm ok with it. I dunno why though, it could be because I don't expect too many girls who are a year below me to be mature enough since I prefer those who act maturely than those who 'mess about'.
    A year younger is fine I think. Maybe its cos you can't get a girl but your best friend can so you're making up an excuse. Plus, older girls seldom date younger guys...unless they're like real ugly or have known the guy since they were lil kids.. Get real mate..

The man should always be between 2-years older than the woman. Anything outside that age-gap I think, is sick.

ReputationRep:
    its not realy someone else mentioned the 12 and 17 year old and they said its been on the news before if you look carefully you will notice that its actually about my mate 16 and her boyfriend 21!!
    and i think everyones entitled to the pill if they want it, if it stops underage pregenancies then i think everyone should have it free form the age of 12, like a meningitus jab or something!
    Im on it and its fcuking great for bad periods, man its like your not even having them!and it clears up teenage spots its amazing!
    You do know that it has its side effects right..lol..you sound real stupid!! And giving free contraception would just ENCOURAGE SEX.. i mean you CAN still catch diseases with the pill..I hope you get herpes ..then you won't have to worry about spots will you my dear..hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jndikum)
    A year younger is fine I think. Maybe its cos you can't get a girl but your best friend can so you're making up an excuse. Plus, older girls seldom date younger guys...unless they're like real ugly or have known the guy since they were lil kids.. Get real mate..
    How did you come to that conclusion? Are you God? Can I come to heaven? I promise to be good for the rest of my life!

ReputationRep:
    i dont know you cant stereotye younger girls to be less mature as it is a proven fact that girls mature faster than boys mentally!
    im only 16 myself and everyone says im like a 20 year old in mentality, etc and i get praised for it!
    ive got my head screwd on apparently but im not an ugly geeky loser im just like most of my friends,normal and we all have different situations within our lives that mature us in different ways ive been through **** in the last year and i suppose ive grown up a hell of alot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jediknight007)
    How did you come to that conclusion? Are you God? Can I come to heaven? I promise to be good for the rest of my life!
    It's alright my son..you are forgiven..in heaven I'll try to find you a woman..tho it'll be hard to find one for a guy like urself....don't worry..with Me, all things are possible.. peace be with you all..

ah i kinda know where bradford is!i love it up in wakefield, great nightlife, isnt bradford on the way to leeds?ANYWAY i really dont think 16 and 21 is wrong!
    This girl should be asking herself what sort of lame immature 21 year old man would actually want to go out with a sixteen year old. The gap in life experience is too great (or should be) for him to be able to share his concerns with her as equals. She probably thinks that she's the one who is exceptionally grown up, but its much more likely to be the other way round!

ReputationRep:
    yes i know it has its affects im not stupid, and i know it doesnt protect you form stds, i never said dont use a comdom!

ReputationRep:
    i dont know you cant stereotye younger girls to be less mature as it is a proven fact that girls mature faster than boys mentally!
    im only 16 myself and everyone says im like a 20 year old in mentality, etc and i get praised for it!
    ive got my head screwd on apparently but im not an ugly geeky loser im just like most of my friends,normal and we all have different situations within our lives that mature us in different ways ive been through **** in the last year and i suppose ive grown up a hell of alot!

when i was 16 i used to think i was soo mature- i was in a way like you in that everyone used to praise me for how mature i was.

then uni hits you in the face- and you realize how immature you are at 18, and think wow how must have i been at 16.

one day you'll know.

love Katy ***

(Original post by jndikum)
    Maybe its cos you can't get a girl but your best friend can so you're making up an excuse.
    Mean! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    You sound like you're trying to reassure yourself...and..and ...I ALMOST feel sorry for you..Everyone has problems hun.... and plus.. girls mature earlier than boys..this does not mean they are more mature later in life..there is a point when our maturity meets.. like when we're both about the same age..you know 21 and 20, 19 and 18 not paedo 21 and 16. You sound really proud that people praise you for being mature..BRAVO..at least you can ACT like an adult..people who TRY to act mature really are the most immature inside.. I'm assuming you're a 12 year old girl inside..trying to put on a strong face for daddy and mummy..and jolly old tutor Mrs. Cook..

ReputationRep:
    Strong criticism here but I totally agree. When I think about it, I can't believe how much of a kid I was back in secondary school! Even now, I admit that at times, I feel like I want to play like a kid again. God.....I miss those times......

ReputationRep:
    why does everyone think its me going out with a 21 year old its my friend izzy, there is also the fact that her n mike have know each other for 7 years!
    my boyfriends only 16 so hes not a peado!Do not lecture me!
    i jus thought i would start a controversial topic and it has worked!
    And i would rather if people refrain from quietly insulting me, in any way shape or form when you do not know me so therefore have no right!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2003
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.