This discussion is closed.
bumblebee86
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by jediknight007)
Strong criticism here but I totally agree. When I think about it, I can't believe how much of a kid I was back in secondary school! Even now, I admit that at times, I feel like I want to play like a kid again. God.....I miss those times......
Yea I agree with you on that one..Junior school was wicked too tho..lol..when you could actually be immature cos everyone else was..you know..back in those days, when we weren't self concious...ahh man.. those were the days..
DanMushMan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by kimmybabe)
why does everyone think its me going out with a 21 year old its my friend izzy, there is also the fact that her n mike have know each other for 7 years!
my boyfriends only 16 so hes not a peado!Do not lecture me!
i jus thought i would start a controversial topic and it has worked!
And i would rather if people refrain from quietly insulting me, in any way shape or form when you do not know me so therefore have no right!
yes, its always a 'friend' who's problem it is.
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
why does everyone think its me going out with a 21 year old its my friend izzy, there is also the fact that her n mike have know each other for 7 years!
And i would rather if people refrain from quietly insulting me, in any way shape or form when you do not know me so therefore have no right!
Well, it's probably because of how strongly you seem to be defending your friend. You asked us for our opinions and we expressed them but you keep attacking back. What happened to free speech......
bumblebee86
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Don't cry
bumblebee86
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by DanMushMan)
yes, its always a 'friend' who's problem it is.
LOL
kimmybabe
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
i also agree with the uni girl, most university students are still immature with the same sort of 'trying to rebel'as secondary school.
Tyring to show there individuality blahblahblah
like wearing kitten ears in class everyday is a fashion statement!
kimmybabe
Rep:
?
i just wanted to see the worlds opinion because of all the stigma attached to young relationships such as the one in discussion.
and as lame as it sounds it is actually truly my friend, im just worried her boyfriend is a using dead end loser!and i was generally just bored so decided to raise the topic.
And i cant help getting my hackels up and getting defensive its a natural human act to defend our loved ones, she my best mate for 7years and i will defend her to the grave as childish as that sounds!
Unregister
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
most university students are still immature with the same sort of 'trying to rebel'as secondary school
What? I don't think so. Most people stop rebelling half way through Year 12.
kimmybabe
Rep:
?
i really dont think so!
I know practically a whole schoool of uni students and they are all the same, mostly!
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Unregister)
What? I don't think so. Most people stop rebelling half way through Year 12.
Then call me the exception...
kimmybabe
Rep:
?
ok your an exception mate!
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
what do you think about a 16 year old girl seeing a 21 year old man?
Erm.....thats not right.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
What do you think of a 16 year old boy seeing a 21 year old woman?
hotnanoo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
Bit odd but hey if its love
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
:cool:
DanMushMan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
:cool:
good response, well said.
the new guy
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Someone has already said this somewhere down the line, but if you think of how long 5 years is and how much you learn and mature in 5 years its not actually possible for two people to be in a similar state of mind in that kinda relationship. Ofcourse I am talking generally and if the circumstances of the relationship are good and they are not harming each other and anyone else then what business is it of anyone what they are doing together. I mean its the standard in some societies for girls to get married to older men as soon as they hit puberty and even before, we shouldnt actually judge their individual relationship unless we know the whole facts about it, its simply not fair.
jediknight007
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by DanMushMan)
good response, well said.
Ditto.
Tednol
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
what do you think about a 16 year old girl seeing a 21 year old man?
You have to look at every case on it's individual merits. My mum married my dad when she was 17 and he was 28. 25 years later they are still married and are as happy as ever.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (206)
51.76%
No (192)
48.24%

Watched Threads