The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Chubb
Sorry but its technicaly illegal to have a student account that isn't being used as your main account (though its hard for them to notice - if they do you will be in trouble and black listed to boot though). A more legal approach though is to do this but with just one student account though you will not make anywhere near as much profit.

It's not "technically illegal". You do have to abide by the terms & conditions of your account, but not all accounts specify it must be your main account etc.
Reply 21
crana
It's not "technically illegal". You do have to abide by the terms & conditions of your account, but not all accounts specify it must be your main account etc.

Well thats what I heard from someone on here who did it and they decided to tell one of his banks! :rolleyes:
Chubb
Well thats what I heard from someone on here who did it and they decided to tell one of his banks! :rolleyes:

yes, as I did just say, you can get into trouble if you violate the T&C of your account.

however this is not the same thing as saying it's "technicaly illegal to have a student account that isn't being used as your main account".

also note that the "blacklists" you mention do not exist.
Reply 23
If it is against the T&C's of your account to have more than one then your bank can take action against you. However, most of the time people will say it is against the T&C's even though they haven't read them themselves. So go and check the T&C's for your account, and don't rely on what anyone else says

Latest

Trending

Trending