prediction in bivariate probit

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
naveen
Badges:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#1
Report 18 years ago
#1
Hi all!

I have a econometrics question. Say one was using a bivariate probit( 1 and 0). One of the outomes ,say 1, is 5% of the population. The other 95% of the population is zeroes.

The estimation worked safe. But the predictions came out awful. The event capture is very low..or can safely say negligble.

Could somebody suggest a way out of this problem?

thanks
naveen.
0
Unregistered007
Badges:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
#2
Report 18 years ago
#2
Try pi times infinity squared. Then cube root it to find its maximum, and then rotate by 180 degrees and bobs your uncle, you have a totally useless answer!
0
X
new posts
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (217)
42.63%
The paper was reasonable (219)
43.03%
Not feeling great about that exam... (46)
9.04%
It was TERRIBLE (27)
5.3%

Watched Threads

View All