Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

can you top up someone else's phone? Watch

ReputationRep:
    hi, i think this is the right forum to post in!

my boyfriend is at a different uni to me and is almost out of credit, and has practically no money but i have quite a bit spare...is it possible for me to top up his phone, from my phone? or would i have to do it from his phone? (which isn't really possible right now!)

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katieclick)
    hi, i think this is the right forum to post in!

my boyfriend is at a different uni to me and is almost out of credit, and has practically no money but i have quite a bit spare...is it possible for me to top up his phone, from my phone? or would i have to do it from his phone? (which isn't really possible right now!)

thanks
    If you have a debit card, I think you can, you type his number in...or, if you top it up from a cash point...Although, i'm not entirley sure

ReputationRep:
    You can do it at a cash machine that does mobile top ups, all you need is your card, to know what network he is on and then you are away!
    For a lot of providers you can do it online too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by debrajane)
    If you have a debit card, I think you can, you type his number in...or, if you top it up from a cash point...Although, i'm not entirley sure
    this you can top up phones are most cashpoints.. you just type their number in.

ReputationRep:
    Cashpoint or phone up his network's top up line - they should have an external number as well as a speed dial.

ReputationRep:
    you can do it online too if theyre on o2

just did it for a friendm cus i was fed up of her not having any credit. although she seemed quite angry :s

ReputationRep:
    thanks everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)

just did it for a friendm cus i was fed up of her not having any credit. although she seemed quite angry :s
    Probably cos she sees it as charity!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by getinthevan)
    Probably cos she sees it as charity!
    i was bored of her not texting me back :/
    i kinda see where your coming from though

ReputationRep:
    i was bored of her not texting me back :/
    i kinda see where your coming from though
    maybe she didn't want to text back, and you ruined her excuse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeak)
    maybe she didn't want to text back, and you ruined her excuse.
    seeing as she was speaking to me on msn at the time... i highly doubt that

ReputationRep:
    Buy a top-up voucher (From his networks shop in your town/city) and then give him the code...? It's amazing how no one has mentioned this.

ReputationRep:

Awww, that was nice of you!

ReputationRep:
    seeing as she was speaking to me on msn at the time... i highly doubt that
    lol I love how you actually get defensive.

it's a joke.

but wtf would she text you back while you were on msn...that's pointless :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeak)
    lol I love how you actually get defensive.

it's a joke.

but wtf would she text you back while you were on msn...that's pointless :confused:
    i overthink things far too much with her lol, cant help but get a lil defensive

and like just generally text me back, she hasnt had credit for months now. obviously texting someone while chatting to them on msn would be a tad pointless

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.