The Student Room Group

Crap Teachers!!

I am not just some student ranting about the teachers because I just got bad results. They were just talking about teachers being bad on question time.

I have 2 biology teachers. One is the laziest men on earth he just sets individual study or puts a video on off of YOUTUBE FFS (realiable???). He also sets homework sheets that he hasn't even looked at and often turns out to be irrelevent.

The other knows his stuff, unfortunately he'll go on for 20 minutes with everyone taking notes then say "you don't need to know that for your exam, but its interesting isn't it?"

The first is so bad that I taught myself his side of the syllabus for the last month or so of As only to find i still had him for A-level!!

Anyone else got crap teachers?
The second one sounds like a good teacher- if you want to learn biology why would you have a problem with learning interesting biology?
My bio teachers are hardly ever even in.
Reply 3
madsporkmurderer
The second one sounds like a good teacher- if you want to learn biology why would you have a problem with learning interesting biology?

I agree to extent as what he says is often (not always) relevent but It would be better if he said at the start that it wasn't in the exam so we didn't right it down. Also it wastes time and normally I end up remembering that random triv rather than the key information in the lesson.
Reply 4
my sister's class one got an art teacher fired for being like the 1st guy, so something could be done about it. 2nd one sounds like a good teacher to me.
EVERYONE has bad teachers.

i dont see your point.
My R.S teachers are AWFUL. They are both senile and don't care about the subject. Everyone got C's, even people who got in to Oxbridge, in the coursework (except me obviously). Last lesson we looked for PICTURES on the internet to make a power point presentation more FUNNY. im not even joking
Reply 7
Aramiss18
I am not just some student ranting about the teachers because I just got bad results. They were just talking about teachers being bad on question time.

I have 2 biology teachers. One is the laziest men on earth he just sets individual study or puts a video on off of YOUTUBE FFS (realiable???). He also sets homework sheets that he hasn't even looked at and often turns out to be irrelevent.

The other knows his stuff, unfortunately he'll go on for 20 minutes with everyone taking notes then say "you don't need to know that for your exam, but its interesting isn't it?"

The first is so bad that I taught myself his side of the syllabus for the last month or so of As only to find i still had him for A-level!!

Anyone else got crap teachers?

I have ****** biology teachers too, one cannot teach to save her life and the other talks so slowly that everyone just loses interst in her lessons. my class averaged a U in results today with only one A in the whole class. bad timeesss.
Reply 8
avantgarden
my sister's class one got an art teacher fired for being like the 1st guy, so something could be done about it. 2nd one sounds like a good teacher to me.

3 girls in the class keep saying they are going to complain, and I say I will go with them, but don't ever seem to get round to it.
Reply 9
Well when i did my final a level year in english lit my teacher went on leave due to personal issues from october to february, we had no teacher for a good 3 months and then had one for a month who gave us the following coursework Q which would count towards 25% of our grade.
'How far do you agree that the care that jill paton walsh has taken to create a collosion of ideas in the knowledge of angels allows her to maintain a sense of uncertainty in her exploration in the limits of tolerance'

Thank you very much.
Reply 10
My maths teacher is a bit like your second bio teacher. He's a good teacher as he shows you where everything comes from and you can understand it better. My bio teachers are similar to yours. One is exceptional though, another is good and the other not so much :s:
nah...my teachers are all fairly good...but that might be because i do good subjects...:tongue:
Reply 12
I am supposed to receive 7 hours teaching per subject per week, I am lucky if I get 3 hours and even then the quality of teaching often isn't great, however I just get on with it and end up teaching myself half the course. If you have the smarts you don't need teachers.
My school seems to have a policy of employing absoloutely shocking French teachers, and the religion course in general is a complete joke. I do have an amazing biology teacher, mind...
Reply 14
The other annoying thing is that there is another biology teacher, who taught half the As, and shes amazing but sod's law we get the 2 crap ones.
I'm in year 7 and maths teacher gives me GCSE stuff to to in class and I'm really below average anyway and the worst at maths in my class . Also my drama teacher is 1/2 American 1/2 Japanese and is really hard to understand. Not only is she crap at teaching she scives off too ! My friend broke his collar bone and was going for a checkup the Same day are drama techer was suposibily 'off sick' after his checkup he went to Town with his mum for McDonald's and he saw are drama techer walking around town not looking ill or anything ?!?!? Messed up !

Quick Reply

Latest