Turn on thread page Beta

i really dont have a clue what to do next year...i dont wann go to uni but am currently studying accounts at college..does anybody no any way of getting into accounts without having to go to uni..

ReputationRep:
    get a job as an accountant but only do small jobs and work your way up through the ranks.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah surely what you are doing at college now should apply that

everybody else seems to no what they are doing and i dont which kinda scares me
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by wendyl)
    everybody else seems to no what they are doing and i dont which kinda scares me
    Don't measure yourself against others. If you want some advice about how to get into accounting directly without uni contact your local connexions service they should be able to tell you what you need to be looking for, working and training your way up together is very possible and more likely in big organisations - have a look for the job vacancies section of the websites of any large businesses in your area and your local council, nhs trust and universities.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.