This discussion is closed.
LadyFadge
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Anyone know of some decent websites which i can find out historical stuff about poor medicine and housing in the early 19th Century. I am at college so it bans most stuff i click on
bruceleemk2
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by LadyFadge)
Anyone know of some decent websites which i can find out historical stuff about poor medicine and housing in the early 19th Century. I am at college so it bans most stuff i click on
soz m8 but i aint gotta clue
ladyblitzer
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
try searching in google. put your key words, and it would give you sites.
ShOcKzZ
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ladyblitzer)
try searching in google. put your key words, and it would give you sites.
great advice. cudnt have said it better.
LadyFadge
Rep:
?
Yeah tried it but it gave me ones that the college have banned beacuse the site or something. Its Geocities mainly that are decent but the computer has beanned them that why i was asking advice. But thanks
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Yeah tried it but it gave me ones that the college have banned beacuse the site or something. Its Geocities mainly that are decent but the computer has beanned them that why i was asking advice. But thanks
Turn off the proxy server. Go to Tools, Internet Options, click on the conections tab, double click the thing in the white box and uncheck the tick box tht says proxy server.
LadyFadge
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Turn off the proxy server. Go to Tools, Internet Options, click on the conections tab, double click the thing in the white box and uncheck the tick box tht says proxy server.
I dont have the authority to do so it said! I tried and this is just really stupid, i am doing coursework that has been set by them yet i cant get on the flippin sites
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I dont have the authority to do so it said! I tried and this is just really stupid, i am doing coursework that has been set by them yet i cant get on the flippin sites
Probably have one of them programs that restrict users running. Bet you are using NOVELL client or something. As well as something like CyberSitter. Stupid really.
LadyFadge
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Probably have one of them programs that restrict users running. Bet you are using NOVELL client or something. As well as something like CyberSitter. Stupid really.
Yeha but thanks for the help anyway i will have to find some other way of gettin on them, i suppose its an excuse to see my bloke to us his internet access
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (71)
12.14%
Virtual campus tours/open days (142)
24.27%
Live streaming events (51)
8.72%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
9.4%
A uni comparison tool (136)
23.25%
An in-person event when available (130)
22.22%