The Student Room Group

Is it a corn?

I have a small round hardening of skin on my right foot. I'm not sure what it is but I think it's a corn. This is my first time ever having anything like this....

I was hoping it would go away by itself when it first started but now it's been about 6 months and it's just there annoying me (it's not paining or anything but just annoying to have it there).

How can I tell if it's a corn, and how can I get rid of it?

I've spent all morning cutting a ripping off bits of skin around it, so now it bumps out a little......

Help any1? :redface:
Reply 1
Actually, I think it's a callus...... My GP isn't open today... damn.....
Reply 2
It's on the bottom of my foot, (the opposite end to where the toes are). And it's like on the side. There's no pressure applied to it so i've no idea how it got there........ All my shoes are worn loosely (I hate tight shoes).

hmmmm............. Should I try cutting it off myself?
MRLX69
It's on the bottom of my foot, (the opposite end to where the toes are). And it's like on the side. There's no pressure applied to it so i've no idea how it got there........ All my shoes are worn loosely (I hate tight shoes).

Nope! Go to a doctor!
Reply 4
Cut it of urself.

Harvesting corn has it's rewards; sweatcorn is lovely.
thegame
Cut it of urself.

Harvesting corn has it's rewards; sweatcorn is lovely.

Sweatcorn?
Reply 6
Dont cut it off, try applying lotion to it to soften it up, then go to ur GP and get proper treatment!!
MRLX69

don't tpuch it!!!!, you might be cloning yourself!!! :eek:
Reply 8
bondjamesbond
don't tpuch it!!!!, you might be cloning yourself!!! :eek:

What?! :confused:
Um, go get some corn plasters from a chemist.
Reply 10
lessthanthree
I always pick my feet - it's a nasty habit.

a doctor can swiftly remove those types of things; failing that, you can go and buy corn plasters that fit over them [like polo mints]

When you say a doctor can remove it, do you mean surgically?
prick it with a pin - maybe you'll get popcorn.

MB
Reply 12
MRLX69
When you say a doctor can remove it, do you mean surgically?

Yes, it's pain free.
Reply 13
MC
Yes, it's pain free.

Pain free...... Can I get it done at my local GP? Or do I have to go to a clinic, book appointment etc......
Reply 14
MC, u had it done before then I take it? I've booked an appointment with my GP on the 12th.
MRLX69
It's on the bottom of my foot, (the opposite end to where the toes are).

you mean the heel? LOL
Lmao gr8 description..cuz we dont know where the bottom is lol! Dearie Me!
Reply 17
lessthanthree
... you can go and buy corn plasters that fit over them [like polo mints]

No, no!

DO NOT buy corn plasters. They can lead to destruction of healthy skin and also reduce circulation.
Reply 18
MRLX69
MC, u had it done before then I take it? I've booked an appointment with my GP on the 12th.

No, I've never had it done, I was given Flexitol heel balm which helps heal the skin. I was also told to use a pumice stone. I know someone who has it removed, and they said it didn't hurt - much!
Reply 19
md_red_uk
you mean the heel? LOL

Ah, yea, that's the word, I couldn't find it in my head. :confused: :redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending