The Student Room Group
Reply 1
i have quite dry sensitive skin and i use stuff called aquous creeam and it soes the job
Yeah I get heat rash :frown: along with hayfever, it makes summer *really fun* :wink: grr but you can't use *any* products for *anything*, drives u crazy!

I don't get dry skin very often; i think i'm combination. But whenever I have problems with my skin it's a nightmare, because the "skincare regimes" my friends have would have me reacting allergically
I have really senstive skin, though it's not as bad as when I was little (apparently, I was allergic to most sorts of washing powder so decided to wear as few clothes as possible. There are so many embarrassing photos...). I get ezcema sometimes and my skin is so incredibly pale that I burn really really easily. Got some really good suncream though - developed for use in the Australian outback and it sort of fuses to your skin and is waterproof and stuff. Very useful when out on my beastie.
Lillith Grimore
I have really senstive skin, though it's not as bad as when I was little (apparently, I was allergic to most sorts of washing powder so decided to wear as few clothes as possible. There are so many embarrassing photos...). I get ezcema sometimes and my skin is so incredibly pale that I burn really really easily. Got some really good suncream though - developed for use in the Australian outback and it sort of fuses to your skin and is waterproof and stuff. Very useful when out on my beastie.

poor you :frown: i started getting eczema again when I'm really stressed; which is weird cos I hadn't had it since I was 6 til recently!

The whole thing is really starting to get to me though- it's making me scarily paranoid and I am beginning to obsess over it in the way that I used to obsess over my weight... It's stopping me from going out and making me insecure, giving me an inferiority complex. :frown:
I've had dry skin for a long long time now. 6 years I think.
Nothing works. I've tried everything. I've been to the doctor etc.
I'm just hoping it's a hormonal thing and it will go away in time.
Reply 6
The summer sun can get me, blond boy that I am, but it's generally cool! You'll still catch me defiantly on the beach :biggrin:
Reply 7
*Bethany*
Sensitive skin.....gr....the cause of so many of my problems :rolleyes: !

does anyone else have awesomely sensitive skin, or know people who have? what problems does it cause you? what've you done about it?

I have sensitive skin.
It sucks whenever you shave. Your skin goes all red and you need to put loads of gay products to cool it down.
I have terribly sensitive and dry skin, especially on my face. I just slap on oodles of E45 in the morning and before I go to bed, and it seems to do the trick. E45 cures everything for me, I cover myself in it - face, arms, legs..
*Bethany*
poor you :frown: i started getting eczema again when I'm really stressed; which is weird cos I hadn't had it since I was 6 til recently!

The whole thing is really starting to get to me though- it's making me scarily paranoid and I am beginning to obsess over it in the way that I used to obsess over my weight... It's stopping me from going out and making me insecure, giving me an inferiority complex. :frown:

:frown: That sucks. Eczema sucks. You're all itchy and scratchy and generally bleurgh. I had a similar sort of thing - it went away for a while from dsort of 8-16ish and then came back, mainly on my elbows and knees and stuff. But good ol' E45 seems to keep me all soft and smooth(ish)
Lillith Grimore
:frown: That sucks. Eczema sucks. You're all itchy and scratchy and generally bleurgh. I had a similar sort of thing - it went away for a while from dsort of 8-16ish and then came back, mainly on my elbows and knees and stuff. But good ol' E45 seems to keep me all soft and smooth(ish)

Yeah I use a cream and a moisturising gel my doctor prescribed, which works eventually, but if i'm stressed it just won't go away til i stop being stressed :rolleyes:

i don't mind the eczema *quite* as much though, being as I don't get it *too* often. what i think i hate the most is the fact that when i get "bad skin" there's nothing i can do about it, cos i'm allergic to all the products :frown: hm wonder if i should see a dermatologist...
E45 gives me a rash - grrr. I have mad sensitive skin. But I got a good moisturiser from my doctor, which I love to bits, because my skin is super dry. I get eczema too, but then I got some fancy stuff from the doctor which worked so well it was almost magical, and it smelled like coconut as a bonus. But they don't know the long term effects of it because it's new and fancy, so I might die shortly as a result.
covered farm wagon
E45 gives me a rash - grrr. I have mad sensitive skin. But I got a good moisturiser from my doctor, which I love to bits, because my skin is super dry. I get eczema too, but then I got some fancy stuff from the doctor which worked so well it was almost magical, and it smelled like coconut as a bonus. But they don't know the long term effects of it because it's new and fancy, so I might die shortly as a result.

LOL! Am sure that nothing that smells of coconut could be harmful :wink:

I'm seeing the doctor on Tuesday about hayfever treatments so I might mention the issue and see if she can think of anything useful...

Latest

Trending

Trending