Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i've been a member for about a week. and haven't gotten to know anyone. so as the thread says, who will be my friend

ReputationRep:
    i'll be your friend :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I will too! *shakes hand* nice to meet you

ReputationRep:
    I willl be ur m8, a/s/l?

ReputationRep:
    tar. i'm 17/m/uk studing AVCE ICT in my second year. how about all of you.

ReputationRep:
    i'l b ur friend,

(Original post by Dude)
    i've been a member for about a week. and haven't gotten to know anyone. so as the thread says, who will be my friend
    I hate you because you say gotten when it isn't even a word.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregister)
    I'll be your friend, despite your grammatical imperfection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregister)
    have you ever conisdered that i might have a condition when it comes to spelling and grammer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    I'll be your friend, despite your grammatical imperfection.
    lol

im 18, doing english, history, geography and general studies (stupid, pointless subject) in richmond south west london.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    lol

im 18, doing english, history, geography and general studies (stupid, pointless subject) in richmond south west london.
    Ahh yes. General Studies. I too resent being forced to do that subject. Especially considering the teacher we have... bleh.

She claimed she had the power to put as back a year into year 11 if we didn't commit ourselves to the subject.

The phrase my friends... *power trip*.

ReputationRep:
    cool. i'm in liverpool (well a small town near liverpool)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    Ahh yes. General Studies. I too resent being forced to do that subject. Especially considering the teacher we have... bleh.

She claimed she had the power to put as back a year into year 11 if we didn't commit ourselves to the subject.

The phrase my friends... *power trip*.
    ha! my college also thinks its such a pointless subject that they dont even give us a textbook. so the question arises..."so why do we do it?" do give you a wider breadth of education my dear! like Mr Blair says!

ReputationRep:
    hiya ill be your friend too... i like makin new m8s.

im 17/f/bristoluk studyin history, law and psychology at a level.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Dude)
    cool. i'm in liverpool (well a small town near liverpool)
    Really where? I spent my first 10 yrs in Bootle then moved to Waterloo/Crosby for the second 18...my mum and dad are still up there

ReputationRep:
    heello i am 15, year 11 from Salisbury in Wiltshire......i am studying for my GCSE's right now, but i hope to do Maths, Biology, Econoimcs and Physcology in Sixth Form..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Really where? I spent my first 10 yrs in Bootle then moved to Waterloo/Crosby for the second 18...my mum and dad are still up there
    my mum grew up in bootle, but i'm talking about a smaller town further north.

ReputationRep:
    A wider breadth of education? Hah.

Someone, a year above me attended about 3 General Studies lessons in a year, and still walked away with a B.

It's not about a wider breadth of education, it's just to cover up for some of the worrying ignorance people seem to increasingly have.

Oh, apologies for hijacking this thread.

Returning to the subject matter... Hi! I'm 17, doing AS courses in Maths, Further Maths, Physics, History and the one and only General Studies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)

Someone, a year above me attended about 3 General Studies lessons in a year, and still walked away with a B.

It's not about a wider breadth of education, it's just to cover up for some of the worrying ignorance people seem to increasingly have.

Returning to the subject matter... Hi! I'm 17, doing AS courses in Maths, Further Maths, Physics, History and the one and only General Studies.

true true... i dont mind general studies that much.. its just that some people i know do their best to ruin it and think it doesnt apply to them when they are the people who are really lackin in these skills.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)

should have had a drumroll :rolleyes:

Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.