Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm off to Bristol in '04 and would like to know more about their reputation with employers. Do Bristol grads get employment offers in short period of time after graduation? And since I'm off to do law, are Bristol law grads in demand.

Thanks heaps

ReputationRep:
    good for u. um well i do know that law is very good in bristol. i haventreally looked around there cus i live here... im thinkin of goin to oxford brookes.

did anyone see bristol on university challenge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mulberrybay)
    Hi, I'm off to Bristol in '04 and would like to know more about their reputation with employers. Do Bristol grads get employment offers in short period of time after graduation? And since I'm off to do law, are Bristol law grads in demand.

Thanks heaps
    Of course, with it being a red brick and all.....it has got a top reputation i.e it is often seen as a close Oxbridge alternative. I am not sure about the time for employment though but, I am sure the majority are highly employable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moochy)
    good for u. um well i do know that law is very good in bristol. i haventreally looked around there cus i live here... im thinkin of goin to oxford brookes.

did anyone see bristol on university challenge?

Hi Moochy,

thanks for replying. I've applied to bristol a couple of times, and deferred a couple of times, but havent made the effort to visit it on its open day. Then again, I'm not living in the Uk, so thats a good excuse. If you can, tell me about the city and the people. I've heard its a cool city to be in, but what is it like compared to durham and nottingham.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mulberrybay)

Hi Moochy,

thanks for replying. I've applied to bristol a couple of times, and deferred a couple of times, but havent made the effort to visit it on its open day. Then again, I'm not living in the Uk, so thats a good excuse. If you can, tell me about the city and the people. I've heard its a cool city to be in, but what is it like compared to durham and nottingham.

Thanks
    Probably in between the two cities i.e Nottingham is party place where as Durham is more laid back and ancient I guess...In Bristol, they all sound like farmers though hehe but, in general a good city, friendly West Country folk etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    Of course, with it being a red brick and all.....it has got a top reputation i.e it is often seen as a close Oxbridge alternative. I am not sure about the time for employment though but, I am sure the majority are highly employable
    Rated 12 overall in terms of employees.

ReputationRep:
    for law, you'll be very employale. I'm at Bristol and according to some of my friends companys try to tout the best people from as early as the first year. On the first couple of weeks a big law frim payed for thier pubcrawl and their law ball is again sponsered by big companies. Its scary how early the companies want to try and get links.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.