Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FudgeMonkey)
    Its the texture...i also h8 cats.
    no! how can you hate cats??!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FudgeMonkey)
    Its the texture...i also h8 cats.
    Cats are the superior domesticated animal.

I expect a backlash from dog lovers, and also those oddities keeping gerbils.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by serendipity)
    oh dear...iv applied to the last two...does that make me a bad person?
    No - the Durham hatred is partly a personal thing (I applied there went for an interview and ended up loathing the place - serious personality clash between me and the university as a whole) and Warwick is universally despised by other unis because it is very slick at attracting students and research funding and good staff - makes the lumbering old dinosaur administration in other uni's look bad in comparison.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    No - the Durham hatred is partly a personal thing (I applied there went for an interview and ended up loathing the place - serious personality clash between me and the university as a whole) and Warwick is universally despised by other unis because it is very slick at attracting students and research funding and good staff - makes the lumbering old dinosaur administration in other uni's look bad in comparison.
    oh...that's ok then.

ReputationRep:
    why's bistol lazy?

ReputationRep:
    Thank god my school decided against General Studies, my boyfriend has to do and it's such a waste as virtually no Unis accept it now. I don't think you really learn anything, all bf seems to do is watch videos, but I guess since I've never studied it myself I would say that. My cousin however managed to get a D in it at A Level, despite getting 3 A's in his other subjects (Maths, English Lit and History).
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by emom100)
    why's bistol lazy?
    They're content to recruit on their past reputation rather than make any effort toward better customer service (IMO of course).

ReputationRep:
    They're content to recruit on their past reputation rather than make any effort toward better customer service (IMO of course).
    my other vendetta is against the elitism at my school - over half the year is applying for oxbridge and they get so much extra attention, the rest of us feel like failures in comparisons, even the ones with straight A predictions.

ReputationRep:
    Three unis -

Bristol (lazy uni)
    Durham (overinflated sense of importance and tight markers)
    and
    Warwick (smug b**tards)

But I don't let them interfere with my professional work
    heh

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.