Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    as/a2, how u finding it? i find bio pretty easy - but chem!, well, chem is just a *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOcKzZ)
    as/a2, how u finding it? i find bio pretty easy - but chem!, well, chem is just a *****.
    Hi, i'm doing biology and chemistry and i'm in AS, i'm finding biology much easier than chemistry. In chemistry there is already so much you need to know + understand. Biology is just facts, so i find its much easier to grasp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ƒlå®è®)
    Hi, i'm doing biology and chemistry and i'm in AS, i'm finding biology much easier than chemistry. In chemistry there is already so much you need to know + understand. Biology is just facts, so i find its much easier to grasp.

when im head of education, i am goign to ban chemistry, so ur children will not have to go through the same suffereing and trauma that u r having to.

ReputationRep:
    when im head of education, i am goign to ban chemistry, so ur children will not have to go through the same suffereing and trauma that u r having to.
    Its not that bad . Are you doing bio/chem modules in january?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ƒlå®è®)
    Its not that bad . Are you doing bio/chem modules in january?
    yes, mods 3+4 for each. 3's are resits. u?? mod 1's?

ReputationRep:
    LOL! I think i would ban French! (Which at my school is compulsory, u dont even get a choice of languages! How pants is that!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FudgeMonkey)
    LOL! I think i would ban French! (Which at my school is compulsory, u dont even get a choice of languages! How pants is that!)
    for gcse?? we could chose frnech/spanish , but since we do french from yr 7 and spanish starts yr 9 - most people chose french.

ReputationRep:
    yeah same for us, except it was german that we did in year 9, every1 stuck with le francais.

ReputationRep:
    I thought As Chem was bad, then came A2....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr-shiraz)
    I thought As Chem was bad, then came A2....
    hehe

u do aqa?

i do phys chem and bio. bio's not bad at all.. just need to learn it. phys u just need to understand it. whereas chem is both. but on a much larger scale.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thea)
    i do phys chem and bio. bio's not bad at all.. just need to learn it. phys u just need to understand it. whereas chem is both. but on a much larger scale.

chem AS wasnt too bad to be honest, just didnt work much

ReputationRep:
    i did chem and bio for AS. basically i screwed up and only revised for my exams the day before. did all of bio in a day and got a v high A. whereas did all of chem in a day and got a C. i think that says something, hehe. retaking 3 chem modules, 1 bio and 2 phys this year along with the A2 of all 3. need to get my ass in gear methinks. i just dont work.

ReputationRep:
    hehe

u do aqa?
    yep

ReputationRep:
    Last year, I found AS Biology more difficult than AS Chemistry but with the coursework (planning, implementing, analysis and evaluation), I got As first time round with Biology but stuggled to get a B after a few attempts in Chemistry! I'm not doing Biology anymore after I dropped it and only doing A2 Chemistry.

i'm taking a bio-chem degree! so i've been there for AS and A2. trust me, there is sooooooo much overlap with bio and chem (even more at higher levels). my friend who's doing a pure bio course, has to study about kinetics (rate of reaction equations), and other nasty chem stuff, as well as doing a full chem course for his degree!!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.