This discussion is closed.
Vienna
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by Weasel)
Camp X-Ray holds terrorists. Not P.O.W soldiers.

Besides, I very much doubt these prisoners have been treated in the same way as our P.O.W's were treated by the Iraqi's. Namely, beaten, tortured, starved, raped and/or executed on the spot with a bullet to the head. You talk utter rubbish.
as do you.
Surfing Hamster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
huhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?!?
Vienna
Rep:
?
http://www.michaelmoorehatesamerica.com/index.html
Elle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
i give up..pointless.
Vienna
Rep:
?
(Original post by Elle)
i think it says more about you than me....
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i think it says more about you than me....
No, I thought that statement would wind you up.. I was right
lala
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Jessica Lynch was raped by the Iraqi *******s too! And all the anti-war protesters like the Iraqis even though she was raped and beaten! I hate the Iraqi and George Bush and Tony Blair were right for declaring war on the *******s. They are evil peoples and still the anti-war protesters sympathise with them it makes me physically sick to the stomach that they can sympathise with these *******. They are animals and evil. No worse than animas thats not fair on animals!

I have always supported the war and continue to do so. Anti-war make me sick that they chose to defend evil rapist murderers!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
There is no evidence whatsoever that she was raped. It is all mere speculation, or, if one wishes to be cynical, an attempt to stir up anti-Iraqi sentiment amongst credulous morons like yourself.
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by lala)
There is no evidence whatsoever that she was raped. It is all mere speculation, or, if one wishes to be cynical, an attempt to stir up anti-Iraqi sentiment amongst credulous morons like yourself.
after medical examinations it was shown that there was evidence to support sexual assault, but due to the fragile state she was in after her capture it is said that an act of rape could have killed her.

there have many dissilusioned areas around ms lynch. many early (Us) government reports said that she had been stabbed or shot, and also that she had fought back at the iraqi soldiers befoe they captured her.

Furthermore the hospital that she was "rescued" from had actually been abandoned by iraqi soliders way before marines arrived.

and what about other POWs? remember the black woman we saw taken hostage and interviewed on iraqi tv? No book deal, No huge media/government praise for bravery and Less compensation than jessica (source:BBC news)
Mr White
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
Furthermore the hospital that she was "rescued" from had actually been abandoned by iraqi soliders way before marines arrived.
Well, those receptionists can be quite vicious.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
And I believe Iraqi doctors were treating her too.
Vienna
Rep:
?
(Original post by MattG)
after medical examinations it was shown that there was evidence to support sexual assault, but due to the fragile state she was in after her capture it is said that an act of rape could have killed her.

there have many dissilusioned areas around ms lynch. many early (Us) government reports said that she had been stabbed or shot, and also that she had fought back at the iraqi soldiers befoe they captured her.

and what about other POWs? remember the black woman we saw taken hostage and interviewed on iraqi tv? No book deal, No huge media/government praise for bravery and Less compensation than jessica (source:BBC news)
the pentagon did not release any official statements to that effect.what you have is the washington post and the new york times putting out a story that was not verified and then pinning it on the administration who had confirmed nothing themselves.

the black woman got as much praise as lynch just not the financial deals, again, from the media. since you highlight them, the allegations made by the bbc were bordering on scandalous.
Weasel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
as do you.
Oh so have you forgotten about the allied P.O.W's that were executed by the Fedayeen and their bodies flaunted on international television?
Weasel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by lala)
No there are details beginning to emerge that she was raped.
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
bearing in mind the case of Jessica Lynch...

http://americansforthemilitary.com/
what we seem to have is the issue of combat effectiveness vs political correctness/equality.

the issue of women in the armed services is a complicated one. you must consider however that some women do have the strength and ability to be effective soldiers, just because the majority cannot doesn't mean that the option shouldn't be there. Given the advance in military technology many women can be extremely effective in combat.

Army tests are gender/age specific, you may have a huge range in combat efficiency between an older male soldier and a younger one. no one seems to be complaining about that.
lala
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
No there are details beginning to emerge that she was raped.
No there aren't. There has been speculation to that effect but no proof whatsoever. You're bandying about statements when you havent got any evidence at all to back them up.
Maybe you just think all dark skinned men are rapists who want to have their wicked way with white women? Not only are you stupid in the extreme for taking anti-Iraqi rumours to be fact when theres no proof, but you're also a racist. And a ******.
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Hey.. has anyone noticed (while we're on the subject of SEXISM) that all the mods.. apart from ickle katy.. are male.

Just thought I'd point that out..
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
Hey.. has anyone noticed (while we're on the subject of SEXISM) that all the mods.. apart from ickle katy.. are male.

Just thought I'd point that out..
i sense a feminist rant coming on.......
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
"Rant"!?

Nah maybe later.. I'm too tired..
llama boy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
you are both dealing in points of complete and utter fallacy.
hey - maybe they learnt it from you.
Weasel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by MattG)

I think most women try feminism once or have at least thought about it.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (270)
51.92%
No (250)
48.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed