This discussion is closed.
Queen of hearts
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Weasel)
I think most women try feminism once or have at least thought about it.
sounds like ur really tryin to live up 2 ur user name
Weasel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by lala)
No there aren't. There has been speculation to that effect but no proof whatsoever. You're bandying about statements when you havent got any evidence at all to back them up.
Maybe you just think all dark skinned men are rapists who want to have their wicked way with white women? Not only are you stupid in the extreme for taking anti-Iraqi rumours to be fact when theres no proof, but you're also a racist. And a ******.

When did I say all dark skinned men? You are a racist because you assumed that! Not at all. I am severely offended that you imply that I am racist because I am far from it. Not at all.

I was, in fact, refering to the Fedayeen and Saddam's tyrannical regime. Which, of course, the anti-war protesters would have preferred to have seen still operating in Iraq. You are an imbecile.

Nothing to do with race apart from the fact they (the fedayeen) happen to be Iraqi.
Queen of hearts
Report 17 years ago
When did I say all dark skinned men? You are a racist because you assumed that! Not at all. I am severely offended that you imply that I am racist because I am far from it. Not at all.

I was, in fact, refering to the Fedayeen and Saddam's tyrannical regime. Which, of course, the anti-war protesters would have preferred to have seen still operating in Iraq. You are an imbecile.

Nothing to do with race apart from the fact they (the fedayeen) happen to be Iraqi.
erm... maybe i missed sumthin cos i seem to rememba u callin all iraqi people (im takin this to mean innocent civillians as well - correct me if im wrong) complete *******s? And i think if u looked up the definition of racist then condemning people on the basis u appear to have pretty much is a big factor!
Vienna
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
what we seem to have is the issue of combat effectiveness vs political correctness/equality.

the issue of women in the armed services is a complicated one. you must consider however that some women do have the strength and ability to be effective soldiers, just because the majority cannot doesn't mean that the option shouldn't be there. Given the advance in military technology many women can be extremely effective in combat.

Army tests are gender/age specific, you may have a huge range in combat efficiency between an older male soldier and a younger one. no one seems to be complaining about that.
there is no way a huge range of combat efficiency would be present on the front line, in high risk situations, for precisely the same reasons.
it is these army tests that are being challenged since they only take into account quotas on the training field. that jeopardises the life of everyone in real combat.
Vienna
Rep:
?
(Original post by llama boy)
hey - maybe they learnt it from you.
evidence?
Vienna
Rep:
?

weasel: is that a Mark Rothko you have for an Avatar?
Insania
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by lala)
No there aren't. There has been speculation to that effect but no proof whatsoever. You're bandying about statements when you havent got any evidence at all to back them up.
Maybe you just think all dark skinned men are rapists who want to have their wicked way with white women? Not only are you stupid in the extreme for taking anti-Iraqi rumours to be fact when theres no proof, but you're also a racist. And a ******.

No I don't think the comment is racist. Have you ever seen the way that Arab men (for example) look at white women tourists? Very strange, I think that he may have a point here.

[btw I brought up this old thread because I was searching for Iraq/racism issues for es]
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (78)
11.91%
Virtual campus tours/open days (159)
24.27%
Live streaming events (52)
7.94%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (59)
9.01%
A uni comparison tool (153)
23.36%
An in-person event when available (154)
23.51%