Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondered if any body goes to any of them, apparently their are five. please could you list:

1 Which one
    2 Enterance tests, are they difficult etc
    3. your Sats, Gcse or A levels from there and whats average
    4. Are they any good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotnanoo)
    Just wondered if any body goes to any of them, apparently their are five. please could you list:

1 Which one
    2 Enterance tests, are they difficult etc
    3. your Sats, Gcse or A levels from there and whats average
    4. Are they any good?
    There's seven
    Camp Hill Girls and Boys (2)
    Aston (boys)
    Handsworth (girls only)
    Five Ways (mixed)
    These are all LEA controlled
    There are also two Indeps, Kind Edward High School (Girls)
    Ansd Kind Edwards School (boys)

They all operate within a foundation.

Entrance is by exam at 11 which took place last weekend quite difficult but very fair, I look forward to seeing the stats on the marks, should be a perfect S curve this year. Occasional places come available as pupils leave Often places for 6th form. 5ways open evening for 6th form is tomorrow night. Could be 40 places up for grabs this year.

SATS 666 to 888 expected
    GCSE 100 A* to C
    A-Level quite a mix with high %age A-C
    Yes they are very good

Hope this was what you are looking for!

ReputationRep:
    Hope this was what you are looking for![/QUOTE]
    yeah thanks its for my brother... The school said cuz he was quite ahead for his year think about a grammar liek King Edwards, so though why not hes smart. But if apps only in year 7 hes out of it his in year 9 curently.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Give them a ring, occasional places do come available as students leave for one reason or another. My school gains one or two pupils a year.

If you say he is in yr 9 now, then that means GCSE start next year so little chance of jumping a year into yr 11, most of teh GCSE coursworks are undertaken towards the end of yr 10.

ReputationRep:
    Hope this was what you are looking for!
    yeah thanks its for my brother... The school said cuz he was quite ahead for his year think about a grammar liek King Edwards, so though why not hes smart. But if apps only in year 7 hes out of it his in year 9 curently.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

If you mean he is clever so they want him to go to a grammar, they should contact the school and talk to someone there. I know that in year 9 my year had three places where pupils had left and no one had joined, so he may be able to get in.

ReputationRep:
    If you mean he is clever so they want him to go to a grammar, they should contact the school and talk to someone there. I know that in year 9 my year had three places where pupils had left and no one had joined, so he may be able to get in.[/QUOTE]
    thanks LH,
    So far apart from King Edwards we'v also though of Wolverhampton Grammar which is excellant apart rom the prices but the school says theres an scholarship scheme in January. What grammar do you go to?

ReputationRep:
    thanks LH,
    So far apart from King Edwards we'v also though of Wolverhampton Grammar which is excellant apart rom the prices but the school says theres an scholarship scheme in January. What grammar do you go to?[/

This one:

http://www.clitheroeroyalgrammar.lancs.sch.uk/

Bit of a crappy website but it's a nice school, and it's free.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.