Digital media/New media (Multimedia technology) Watch

joshherby
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
After being accepted onto 3 courses at leeds, Kent and Brunel all of which offer similar courses involivng graphic/website design, animation and digital content creation. i am now a bit concerned that coming form an a level backround where i studied Film, Media, English and Photography that I will not have enough experience in the kind of software I will be using. I have allmost no experience of photoshop and illustrator or with any flash animation.

I am wondering if anyone has experienced a Digital media course and knows if I will need to work on knowledge prior or will the courses cater for unexperienced people like myself.
Chloe-Marie
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've been offered New Media at Leeds too!
From the Open Days, they have said that they start from scratch, so everyone learns it together, and has the same way of doing things.

As for the other Universities, I'm sure they do the same thing! Whats the title of the course you've applied to at Kent?!
joshherby
Thanks for the reply,

Ive applied for Multimedia Technology and Design at Kent but have yet to visit the campus. It's was a back up really but I'm concidering it a bit more now as Leeds is so far away!

Don't know if I'll get into Leeds as I've only got BBC at the moment and they're really strict on entry requirements even though I'm one mark of an A in one of my A-levels. I hope I get in as the uni and area looked really good.
Chloe-Marie
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
That is so weird, I was at an Open Day for "Multimedia Technology & Design" at Kent earlier on today! Great minds think alike eh?!
I think it'll probably be my insurance though!
Yeah, I'm hoping to get into Leeds too! I'm just worried about getting a C in one of my subjects at the moment too!
Where abouts do you live?
joshherby
Im in oxford on a gap year at the moment. How did the course at Kent compare to others you have seen? and do you have much experience with much web/graphic design or animation?

Im looking to head to Kent for an open day soon, need to find out about accomodation and suss out the uni a bit before i really consider it. My friends there though and he's having a great time.
Chloe-Marie
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ahh thats cool. I'm a Cambridge girl. :p:
Yeah, the course at Kent is probably my favourite, I just can't see myself being happy there.. I just think I prefer being in a city!
I've made a few websites, and used dreamweaver and flash, but I wouldn't call them spectacular!
The accommodation we looked in was nice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1374)
79.56%
Leave (353)
20.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise