Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What do you think of people with Long hair ? My hair is waist length ,slightly wavy..I'm thinking of getting it cut ,what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    I like long hair, and am growing mine at the moment, but I'm afraid waist length is a bit too much for me, just looks a bit weird if im honest. Sorry!
    Id get it cut a bit if i were you.

ReputationRep:
    .....VAIN, how many other posts have you put up asking for praise, get over yourself.

Just not to sound to harsh, you are quite hot, but no one cares

ReputationRep:
    Beautiful if it's healthy and natural (not full of silicones, straighteners and all that rubbish), quite unpleasant if it's in a horrible state (mostly due to the abovementioned).

I love my wavy mane; it's at tailbone-length atm and I wouldn't dream of getting it cut...

ReputationRep:
    Mine's waist length, but it doesn't look unmanaged like it often can do on some people. It has movement and volume - not just tied back in a ponytail like you usually see it.

ReputationRep:
    I think long hair is nice (have long hair myself) but anything longer than the waist I think is over the top. Also depends on the shape of your face. Some girls look gorgeous with short hair cuts but terrible with long hair. Same applies the other way around.

ReputationRep:
    if it's well taken care of then it's fine
    but it often looks like rat's tails and a birds nest if it's not taken care of properly.

that said, i can never have long hair again after having read "lucky" by alice sebold.

ReputationRep:
    Who cares what other people think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    Who cares what other people think.
    The creater of the thread, obviously

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noémie)
    that said, i can never have long hair again after having read "lucky" by alice sebold.
    Oh my gosh, I've read this too. Very upsetting
    Guys - read this if you can, it's quite graphic but an awesome read.. A proper eye-opener.

ReputationRep:
    I have hair up to my bum and it looks fine - it's thick and managed well. It depends on your face tbh, short hair looks terrible on me

ReputationRep:
    I just think hair longer than your waist looks really weird, if not a bit creepy. Reminds me of people belonging to strange cults in remote parts of America.
    Not a good look...

ReputationRep:
    Well whatever turns you on. I personally couldn't stand drying hair that long. Mines down to the middle of my back. That is fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_red_sox)
    Oh my gosh, I've read this too. Very upsetting
    Guys - read this if you can, it's quite graphic but an awesome read.. A proper eye-opener.
    Ooh explain please?

OP, I think if long hair is looked after well, trimmed regularly to get rid of the split ends (since the hair at the end will be at least a couple of years old), plenty of conditioner, and shaped a bit (not just lying flat and lanky) then it looks good. But if not, I'd get it cut to a more manageable length.

ReputationRep:
    Mine's to my waist too but very curly which suits me - I look awful with short hair :sadnod: That being said my hair is extremely heavy and will give me headaches if I have it tied up too long :s:

ReputationRep:
    Waist length is too long. it's a bit... child-like.

ReputationRep:
    My hair used to be waist length, then i got about 4 inches cut off, and I WANT MY HAIR BACK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by russiaismyvogue)
    What do you think of people with Long hair ? My hair is waist length ,slightly wavy..I'm thinking of getting it cut ,what do you think?
    I love women with hair as long as yours Although if you have hair that long, hopefully you can manage to take care of it because I bet it must be a PAIN to comb, and if you want to straighten it... I wonder how long that would take??? But you should definitely keep it long and straighten it I bet if you did straighten your hair, it would look like 2-3 inches longer? because of how the straighteners makes it more straight and flat

If you want, you can do google image searches on women with long hair and how they can take care of it and style it BTW, do you wash your hair everyday??

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.