Turn on thread page Beta

Vegetarian meals for a veg hater watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This probably sounds a bit strange but I'll go for it. I hate vegetables. Never ever eat them. Bananas and apples are the only fruit I can eat. (If you can't tell already, I'm extremely fussy about food ).

I'm going to try eat vegetarian for a week, so does anyone have some good ideas of meals to eat?

Also, is spaghetti (like the stuff that comes in Heinz tins) from animals or the ground?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    What is the point of going vegetarian when you don't eat vegetables??

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: "Not too keen on salad", sorry, had to get it out of my system.

Try beans on toast :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wannabe mexican)
    What is the point of going vegetarian when you don't eat vegetables??
    To be healthy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by typiin)
    This probably sounds a bit strange but I'll go for it. I hate vegetables. Never ever eat them. Bananas and apples are the only fruit I can eat. (If you can't tell already, I'm extremely fussy about food ).

I'm going to try eat vegetarian for a week, so does anyone have some good ideas of meals to eat?

Also, is spaghetti (like the stuff that comes in Heinz tins) from animals or the ground?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Pasta and sauceee, just look for pasta sauce jars with a V on.
    Oh and rice with BBQ or sweet and sour sauce in a jar, like the stuff your supposed to put over chicken, cos its vegetarian.

Oh dont you like potatoes? Lots of different meals with them.

ReputationRep:
    To be healthy!
    But not eating vegetables is unhealthy anyways. So, you are effectively being even unhealthier by having to reduce your diet to beans on toast and soya milk every day.

ReputationRep:

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oladz)
    :rofl: "Not too keen on salad", sorry, had to get it out of my system.

Try beans on toast :tongue:
    I'm scared of beans, but I'll get some toast

(Original post by Lauren__x)
    Pasta and sauceee, just look for pasta sauce jars with a V on.
    Oh and rice with BBQ or sweet and sour sauce in a jar, like the stuff your supposed to put over chicken, cos its vegetarian.

Oh dont you like potatoes? Lots of different meals with them.
    Potatoes aren't colorful enough to really be called true vegetables. But yeah I can eat them if they are soft.

(Original post by Oladz)
    Holy **** accent.

ReputationRep:
    *Subscribes*

ReputationRep:
    Potatoes are carbohydrates not a vegetable.

I have had the best stews, bit of beef or chicken, put a lot of veg, shove in the oven for 40 minutes.... jobs a good un...

I pity people who do not eat veg.

ReputationRep:
    I recommend manning the **** up and eating your greens.

ReputationRep:

Potatoes aren't colorful enough to really be called true vegetables. But yeah I can eat them if they are soft.
    Jacket or mash potato then. Its easy to think of enough food for a week.

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    You can try meat substitutes, like Quorn burgers (or cheaper own-brand ones, Sainsbury's do a gorgeous spicy bean burger in the frozen section). You can have whatever you normally have, just skip the meat! Pizza, pasta with tomato sauce (maybe with some vegetables blended in for vitamins), bean casserole...

But it won't be much healthier than a meat diet, unless you generally eat a lot of fatty processed meats like bacon. Lean meat is actually fairly low in fat. If you want to be healthier, you don't need to cut out meat, but you should get some more vegetables in. As I mentioned, blending them together with tinned tomatoes for a pizza/pasta sauce is a good way to get them in. Or try cooking them in a different way. I hate plain boiled carrots, but I found this Jamie Oliver recipe for roasting them in honey and mustard, which is really nice. Or how about frying sliced peppers and onions, then adding Mexican spice mix to make fajita fillings? If you decide not to give up meat, you can add some chicken breast strips.

Heinz spaghetti hoops:
    Tomatoes (47%), Multigrain Spaghetti Hoops (42%, Water, Durum Wheat Semolina, Wheat Flour, Oatmeal, Rye Flour, Maize Flour, Wheat Bran), Water, Sugar, Cornflour, Salt, Modified Cornflour, Citric Acid, Antioxidant - Ascorbic Acid, Garlic Salt, Spice, Herb Extract, Spice Extract, Iron Sulphate, Maltodextrin, Niacin, Potassium Iodide.

So basically they're made of wheat and water.

ReputationRep:
    I've been a vegetarian for almost 5 years and I rarely eat fruit or vegetables.
    Try some Quorn stuff? Then you can pretty much just keep eating meals as you do now.

ReputationRep:
    Eggs, Chips and Beans!

ReputationRep:
    To be healthy!
    If the only reason you're doing this is to be healthy then I was suggest don't bother! You're unlikely to be healthy if your not eating meat or vegetables (and not much fruit). You'll also probs be quite miserable if you carry it on for more than a week. I do sympathise with being a fussy eater and being veggie, I did it for a long time and I think it drove me friends and family a bit mad, but I don't think I was quite as fussy as you.

If you still want to try it though, maybe you could try quorn, that way you could have pretty much whatever you normally eat, just replace the meat. I can see why you're struggling to think of things to eat that don't envolve vegetalbes or meat! All I can think of it pasta and sauce, or omlette, or something with quorn/tofu. Maybe have a look on the bbc food website. If you do a search, you can just put in two random ingredients that you like and see if any recipes come up. They have quite a good selection of vegetarian recipes, maybe they will have something. Good luck if you try it!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper

Are you actually serious?

To be healthy!
    Wow, so you think eating things like tinned spaghetti and no vegetables is a healthy diet?

And if it was and you cared about being healthy, why would you decide to eat healthy for a week and that's it?

ReputationRep:
    You think spaghetti's made from animals? Oh dear.

Not eating fruit and vegetables = super high risk of bowel cancer. Even if you're not fussed about all the other health problems not eating fruit and veg entails (higher risk of cancer in general, poor heart health etc), people should at least be worried about that!

Cottage pie made with veggie mince (Linda McCartney mince is really nice) is a super way of getting veg in, and it tastes really meaty. Add carrots, courgettes, peppers, mushrooms - yum. Same goes for lasagne with veggie mince. Spinach and ricotta canneloni?

I don't know how anyone can not eat vegetables. I adore veg - I can't think of any vegetable I absolutely wouldn't eat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    My first literal LOL

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.