Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I have been curious about the accomodations at SOAS. Aside from intercol, there is the Dinwiddy House and the Paul Robeson House, correct?

So far, from what I've read, the most sociable and fun seems to be Dinwiddy House, but it's mainly undergraduates isn't it? Or do they house Post-graduates as well? While I am sure undergraduates are absolutely /lovely/, it'd feel kind of odd when I'm the only mid-twenties student in a sea of teenagers.

What about the Paul Robeson House? I can't find many people who commented or gave their experience.

Oh man, any little bit of information helps guys! Post pictures! Stories! Facts! Anything to give me an idea of what I'm getting myself into! :cheers:

ReputationRep:
    Paul Robeson is just for post-grads.

There are some post-grads in Dinwiddy, which is kind of odd, and unfortunare for the poor undergraduate that is place with them...and this has happened this year.

ReputationRep:
    Why is it unfortunate? Admittedly I am a post-grad considering Dinwiddy hall, mainly because I hear that's where all the fun is and if you want to go clubbing or just hang out, it's where you do it.

What happens? Admittedly I am not from the UK so don't know the culture clash between post grad and undergrad.

ReputationRep:
    it can just feel a little weird - I mean, as a postgrad you're at a completely different stage of your life from a first year undergrad, even though there's perhaps only 3 years age difference. As the only undergrad in a whole flat full of postgrads, I'd say that it is a bit odd, but it's not too bad.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for a single studio at International Hall as the first choice. It's just so much closer to Russell Square, and I read that they group the postgrads together in the same area.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Articles:

SOAS Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

Scape Student Living

Scape Student Living

"Brand new super studios at Scape Shoreditch, three minutes away from Old Street station!"

Quick links:

Unanswered SOAS ThreadsFind out what student life in London is really like in students' own wordsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other SOAS applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.