My friend is in love with my boyfriend :( Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I've been going out with my boyfriend for about 3 months and everything's going well, I'm really into him. Last night I heard my friend drunkenly tell another friend that she was in love with him and it all clicked into place - I realised that she's been acting differently since we started going out, and she never ever asks about him even though she's one of my girly friends. He's one of her closest friends at uni, they met each other before I even knew him and live on the same corridor. I wonder how he'd feel if he knew how much she liked him and that he had a chance with her. When we started seeing each other it was me who initiated things... what if she'd initiated something instead, it could be her seeing him instead of me. It sounds petty but I want reassurance that he'd pick me over her. I feel like she's prettier than me and they get on really well, I can't help but feel threatened

Please keep anon.
Anonymous #1
Bump... this took a while to get approved.
jabed786
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Think about it. Hes with you, not her. He could have just gone out with her in the first place if he liked her a lot anbd ignored your 'initiations' but nope he is with you - so yeah he will pick you over her.
bex_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Aww, that is such a tough situation. The only advice I can really give you is to try to talk to her about it, if only to reassure yourself she would never do anything to attempt to steal him away from you.
I wouldn't recommend telling him how she feels util you *really* want to, because that could open up a whole can of worms, and besides, however he reacts you probably won't be satisfied.

EDIT

(Original post by jabed786)
Think about it. Hes with you, not her. He could have just gone out with her in the first place if he liked her a lot anbd ignored your 'initiations' but nope he is with you - so yeah he will pick you over her.
Also, Jabed is absolutely right. (Y)
RoosterUK
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wow, that's awkward. Try to not to get all needy and insecure. He's with you, trust that he likes you more than anyone else
Anonymous #2
Report 9 years ago
Not the best situation to be in, but like what was said, your the one he has chosen, ypur with him, feel lucky youve got him then, make sure you just dont end up drifting etc, but at the same time avoid being a really clingy gf. also every so often tell him how much he measn to you etc

hope this helps
Anonymous #1
(Original post by bex_)
Aww, that is such a tough situation. The only advice I can really give you is to try to talk to her about it, if only to reassure yourself she would never do anything to attempt to steal him away from you.
I wouldn't recommend telling him how she feels util you *really* want to, because that could open up a whole can of worms, and besides, however he reacts you probably won't be satisfied.

EDIT

Also, Jabed is absolutely right. (Y)
Thanks for the advice. The thing is I don't think she knows I know, so I don't feel I can talk to her about it. Also she was drunk at the time... I'd probably embarrass her by bringing it up. She's my friend and I don't want to make things awkward between us or cause an issue. Maybe I should just pretend this never happened and carry on as normal, without talking to her or my bf about it?
suicidal_dream
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
as Jabed said, he's with you.

If he'd wanted to be with her, he'd have initiated things with her before.

I wouldnt say anything to your boyfriend cos it could make things really awkward between him and your friend... its not worth it.
As you said, she was drunk... maybe she doesnt love him?!! Loads of people exaggerate how they feel when drunk?!
DeepStar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Im with most people here, he is with you not her. If he liked her than he would have made a move towards her yet he hasnt, that itself should assure you that he has feelings for you. Speak to him about it if your worried but you shouldnt be, he clearly isnt, why should you be...
Anti-Everything
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sucks to be in this situation. But hey! This could help you with the novel you've been working on. You know, the novel you've been working on for three years. Hmm? Got a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Got a, got a, compelling protagonist, got an obstacle for her to overcome? Eh? A story brewing there? Working on....working on that for quite some time eh? Nice little, uh, narrative-- beginning, middle and end? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends? Eh? At the end your main character is richer for the experience, yeah? Yeah? Yeah, you've got, uh-- no, no. You deserve some time off.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (75)
27.68%
No (196)
72.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed