Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    TSR, the main problem here is that I have 2 parties on one night. If this was any two random parties I could easily choose one to go to, but it's not so simple this time: My best friend's 18th birthday party, or my mum's 50th birthday party.

They are both in April, and I've known about both for a fair amount of time but never paid attention to the dates. My best friend is having a fancy dress party at her house, and right now it's the talk of my school: Everyone is going, and I've already bigged myself up as having a great costume planned.

My mum's birthday is in a hall she booked, but she wanted me to bring friends otherwise it would be empty. The trouble is, even if I do go to her party, none of my friends will be able to make it because they're all going to this other one.

My friend's party starts at 6, although was planning to go about 7, and doesn't have a specific finish time. My mum's starts at 7:30 and finishes at 12:30. All of my family, who I'm pretty close to, will be there too.

What should I do?!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe go to your mum's party until 9-9:30 then head to your friend's?
    That way you'll get to meet your family while they're sober and your friends while they're still relatively sober.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Mum's, leave early if you can to catch the end of the other party.
    Obviously.

ReputationRep:
    have a third party on your own

ReputationRep:
    Your mates party won't get going until at least 9, just get the duty and niceties of your mums out the way, then get trollied with your friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubblebeard)
    TSR, the main problem here is that I have 2 parties on one night. If this was any two random parties I could easily choose one to go to, but it's not so simple this time: My best friend's 18th birthday party, or my mum's 50th birthday party.

They are both in April, and I've known about both for a fair amount of time but never paid attention to the dates. My best friend is having a fancy dress party at her house, and right now it's the talk of my school: Everyone is going, and I've already bigged myself up as having a great costume planned.

My mum's birthday is in a hall she booked, but she wanted me to bring friends otherwise it would be empty. The trouble is, even if I do go to her party, none of my friends will be able to make it because they're all going to this other one.

My friend's party starts at 6, although was planning to go about 7, and doesn't have a specific finish time. My mum's starts at 7:30 and finishes at 12:30. All of my family, who I'm pretty close to, will be there too.

What should I do?!
    Explain the situation to both friend and mom, then go to urs moms till 11, then change and go to ur mates, catch a taxi even if it 30 min away, or other wise you'll feel guilty+miss out if you only go too one!!

I'm not arriving home from Amsterdam till 11pm, then I'm off to my mates 18th for an houer, a bit gutted, but i'll be coaching hockey in Amsterdam and wouldn't miss that for th world!!

ReputationRep:
    Go to both. Like 7-10 at your mums, then 10-onwards at your friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Maybe go to your mum's party until 9-9:30 then head to your friend's?
    That way you'll get to meet your family while they're sober and your friends while they're still relatively sober.
    This. There are those of us who wish they had two parties to go to...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wannabe mexican)
    This. There are those of us who wish they had two parties to go to...
    Well why don't you come out to Orange Rooms tonight then :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    Explain the situation to both friend and mom, then go to urs moms till 11, then change and go to ur mates, catch a taxi even if it 30 min away, or other wise you'll feel guilty+miss out if you only go too one!!

I'm not arriving home from Amsterdam till 11pm, then I'm off to my mates 18th for an houer, a bit gutted, but i'll be coaching hockey in Amsterdam and wouldn't miss that for th world!!
    Thanks everyone. I had thought about going to one, then the other, and it could work out. I'll definately have to get a taxi though. I just ran it past my mum, who's a bit understandable dissappointed, but said she has no problem with me leaving at about 10.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Well why don't you come out to Orange Rooms tonight then :tongue:
    lol, I'm going to portsmouth tonight to hook up with some old friends.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely mum, she is the one who haas the most right over u

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2009
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.