Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey!im a spanish girl attending to aston uni as an erasmus student for next course!!im really excited about that, but wondered if you could please help me because i have sooooo much to do now, so many things to decide and i dont have many information about aston except from that on the webpage!!so if someone could please answer me some questions, i would be very grateful

first, accomodation!i know that u can choose between lakeside and standard, and im not really sure about which one to ask for...actually, i have to say that it basically depends on the state of the bathrooms in standard, because i find prices in lakeside really expensive, but i have heard some bad things about bathrooms in standard accomodation, what do you recommend?

apart from that, how many hours do you have to attend to class??cause i think the english system is quite different from the spanish one!

and finally, any kind of information that you could give me would be great how is the birmingham's nightlife?and the aston campus??

thank you soooo much!!hope to see you next september!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

Accommodation wise, I think it depends what you're used to. Lakeside you get an ensuite, but with standard you share. I live in Stafford and share with 18 (we have 3 toilets 2 baths and 2 showers) and there is never a problem; a cleaner comes every day. I think there are some pictures people have if you want to look!

About classes, I think it depends on your course; I have 11 hours a week, but some have lots more!

ReputationRep:
    thanks!!im studying business and management (or at least i think thats the english name for my career, lol)but i dont know which subjects im going to course there yet...where can i find those pictures?im new here and dont know anything about how it goes...!what do people tend to prefer once they have lived there?having a look at other forums, i have read that lakeside people are sometimes kind of snobby (dont want to offend anyone from lakeside, really!)is that true? and what about the kitchen facilities??thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

This thread is on accomodation at Aston (some pictures of Stafford on page 6):
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...=824906&page=6

Also this some information about Standard accomodation from Aston's website:
    http://www1.aston.ac.uk/study/accomm...ypes/highrise/

You can see other accomodation by choosing from the menu on the left hand side.

I hope you enjoy it here

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.