Turn on thread page Beta

question.. i guess this goes here *shrug* watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    so, my friend is pretty much in love with our head of sixth form/teacher. don't get me wrong, he's a nice guy and decent looking and all, but she's going a bit OTT with it. she brings him into our conversations several times a day, blushes bright red whenever he is around, and generally dolls herself up in the hope she'll "bump" into him and when she does, he'll acknowledge her.. she's even beginning to spend her lunch hours brushing up on her knowledge of the lesson he teaches in the hope that, in class, she'll appear smart and attractive. she sits near his desk in class and tries not to look at him, but i caught her pretty much eyeing him up the other day. i tried to tell her that "teacher!student relationships don't work and are pretty much illegal unless you (the student) have left school" but she ignored that part.

she's sixteen and though he's not a billion years old, he does have a wife and a baby girl at home. will this "crush" die out or not? :/ should i try to convince her to forget about him or not? and has anybody else (on this forum) been in this kind of situation before..?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a silly schoolgirl crush and that she needs to grow up a bit
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    they usually frown upon relations like that even if the student has left the school... a friend of mine had the same problem and they threatened legal proceedings..

get her to drop it.. it's not a good idea. he is married with kids.. she stands no chance..

i'm sure a teacher was suspended just for allegations fo a relationship with a student at our school...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolatedTreason)
    i'm sure a teacher was suspended just for allegations fo a relationship with a student at our school...
    seriously? ouch. :/
    yeah i'll try and convince her to drop this whole sudden adoration.. again. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    At least it's motivating her to revise!

Flippant remarks aside, she will grow out of it eventually, and she will feel stupid. I had a friend at my old school who used to practically stalk our English teacher, making up all the excuses that she could to swing by his classroom.

One technique you could try, if you want to try anything, is to run through a scenario with her. Supposing he does notice her? Supposing he does find her smart and attractive, and something comes of it? What then? They begin an affair? His wife finds out? She reports him and they divorce, leaving him jobless and marriageless and his child fatherless? How attractive is she going to look to him then?

But this assumes that she actually wants something to come of it... likely as not, she knows its unrealistic and is just indulging a fantasy.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Melly92)
    seriously? ouch. :/
    yeah i'll try and convince her to drop this whole sudden adoration.. again. :woo:
    was a business teacher.. nothing was going on.. but the school got wind of a rumour.. and they took action.. was **** for him.. and the girl in question was 18 at the time too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geritak)
    At least it's motivating her to revise!

Flippant remarks aside, she will grow out of it eventually, and she will feel stupid. I had a friend at my old school who used to practically stalk our English teacher, making up all the excuses that she could to swing by his classroom.

One technique you could try, if you want to try anything, is to run through a scenario with her. Supposing he does notice her? Supposing he does find her smart and attractive, and something comes of it? What then? They begin an affair? His wife finds out? She reports him and they divorce, leaving him jobless and marriageless and his child fatherless? How attractive is she going to look to him then?

But this assumes that she actually wants something to come of it... likely as not, she knows its unrealistic and is just indulging a fantasy.
    oh, thank you! that's actually really good advice *hugs*

violated, that's pretty bad for him

ReputationRep:
    oh, thank you! that's actually really good advice *hugs*
    You're welcome. Sometimes people just need a reality check, fantasy or no fantasy.

ReputationRep:
    At my school
    A sixthformer was into a teacher and when she left they hooked up. Theres like 25 years difference. And because its a boarding school they now live together at the school. And have even got engaged. Last I head there now married plus SHE WORKS AT THE SCHOOL NOW!

Guess it works for some.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm this isnt a man whos surname begins with S by any chance. this actually a genuine post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubble_m)
    Hmm this isnt a man whos surname begins with S by any chance. this actually a genuine post
    nope, his surname begins with the 8th letter in the alphabet.

ReputationRep:
    nope, his surname begins with the 8th letter in the alphabet.
    Oh ok. Never mind.

ReputationRep:
    well.. i tried that advice and she said she'd "try to forget him" and would just "pay more attention in his lessons/be his friend." pretty sure that's an ulterior motive, though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2009
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.