The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Neo Con
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States

From wikipedia. People need to be aware of these facts, it's a worrying trend
It's a worrying trend that stems from gangster rapper culture, not from race. The American Dream "culture" is one of the greatest ever to have been created in world history but it simply does not exist in the Black ghettos.
Reply 21
Neo Con

The info in that wikipedia article might be ok, but everything in your first post is irrelevant junk. You believe stats from 1997 have any meaning in 2009? The world has changed completely.

Does crime include damaging peoples ear-drums through terrible music? Cause that would explain part of the problem :P
Reply 22
http://www.frontpagemagazine.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID=1DB89DD9-B87C-4355-A958-54EC8752619C

An 8-Year-Old White Boy is Slain by a Black Man Spewing Racial Epithets - But The Suspect Will Not Be Charged with a Hate Crime

WHEN IS A HATE CRIME not a hate crime? Perhaps when the victim is white and the perpetrator black.

In April, Kevin Shifflett, an eight-year-old white boy playing in his great-grandparents’ front yard in Alexandria, VA, was slashed to death by a knife-wielding black man allegedly screaming anti-white epithets.

The national media, which have been quick to give saturation coverage to hate crimes against blacks and homosexuals, have all but ignored the Shifflett case. The murder hasn’t become fodder for the presidential debates. And Jesse Jackson and the NAACP certainly haven’t discussed it much. Now, in the latest twist, it appears that the defendant will not even be charged with a hate crime.

Earlier this month, authorities in Alexandria, Virginia indicted Gregory Devon Murphy, who had remained at large for more than two months before being arrested on an unrelated drug charge. Then last week, Mr. Murphy physically assaulted his defense lawyer during a court hearing. Murphy now must undergo mental examinations to determine if he is capable of standing trial.

Curiously, federal authorities declined to press hate crime charges, instead deferring to Virginia’s state courts.

But Alexandria Commonwealth’s Attorney S. Randolph Sengel, a prosecutor in the case, told FrontPageMagazine.com that he is powerless to prosecute this case as a hate crime. “There’s no applicable hate crimes law in Virginia,” he told FrontPageMagazine.com on Tuesday.

Controversy has surrounded the case from the beginning.

Much evidence suggested a racial motive behind the April 19 stabbing. A note found in a hotel room where Mr. Murphy had stayed prior to the killing that read, “Kill them racist white kids,” in mangled English. DNA evidence found in a taxi cab used to flee the scene matches Mr. Murphy’s, and seven years earlier, Mr. Murphy was convicted of another racially charged attack, in which he assaulted a white man with a hammer.

It could be argued that the public especially the white public -- had a right to know that a dangerous killer with a hatred for white people was on the loose. But authorities in Alexandria chose to downplay the racial motivation.

The July 12 edition of the Washington Times charged that investigators had even failed to inform Alexandria police officers about the “racially sensitive details” of the case.

City officials defended the secrecy policy. “What they did was proper,” Alexandria City Council member Joyce Woodson told the Times. “We already live in a racially charged world.”

Just as controversial has been the media blackout of the case. While it was covered in the local press, most Americans have never heard of it. Contrast this with the media’s rush to canonize Matthew Shepard as a martyr of the gay rights movement two years ago, and the saturation coverage of the murder of James Byrd by white racists in Texas.

These barbaric acts served as haunting reminders of the inner beast that still lurks in the hearts of men. They rightfully earned the attention of the nation. But so does the Shifflett murder. Yet, it has been treated differently.

Of course, a hate crime charge would make no difference in the fate of Mr. Murphy. If convicted, Mr. Murphy will likely receive the death penalty. If anything, the Shifflett case demonstrates that hate crime laws are superfluous.

But it also demonstrates that the left’s fixation on hate crimes is more about politics than progress. By beating the hate crime drum, the captains of the grievance industry - Sharpton, Farrakhan, Jackson, and their supporters in government - can raise money and push sympathetic voters to the polls. The loss of a white life isn’t as valuable to them for those purposes.

In fact, the Shifflett murder case shatters one of the main premises of the racial left - that whites have a monopoly on hatred. Hate comes in all colors.

Fortunately most Americans on both sides of the racial divide already understand this grim truth. Mainstream America seems eager to bridge the gap between races. But until the leaders of the erstwhile Civil Rights Movement begin speaking honestly about race - in particular, about the murder of Kevin Shifflett -- the chasm will remain open.
Neo Con
It's something more innate. Poor whites don't commit as many crimes as poor blacks.

What exactly do you mean by innate? Do you mean inborn as in they are born with something which makes them commit crime? :s-smilie:
typiin
The info in that wikipedia article might be ok, but everything in your first post is irrelevant junk. You believe stats from 1997 have any meaning in 2009? The world has changed completely.
The point he's trying to make is that blacks are genetically more likely to commit crime. Those genes are not going to change in 12 years.
Reply 25
Howard
You know nothing.

I think you know nothing.. police = racist scum in the US (sometimes here too..)
Reply 26
typiin

It's getting worse, you would be naive to dismiss stats which are barely a decade old. I am sure there are more stats which point to same situation. No wonder my state is the nation's busiest capital punishment state. I say the needle is too quick for some of these criminals. Bring back the chair
Melting Sugar.
This.

p.s. how reliable is that website? 8-)

How reliable is the quote you just quoted? Stereotyping police is just as bad as stereotyping other races fool.
Reply 28
Neo Con

What exactly are you concluding from these so called statistics? Even if they were accurate; what is your point?
Reply 29
Bagration
The point he's trying to make is that blacks are genetically more likely to commit crime. Those genes are not going to change in 12 years.

Genetics. Wow. Such a useful science that is.

/s
DealerG
I'd like to see you prove that.

Probably isn't completely true, but I see his point. I can't help but look at countries such as China and India where millions are in poverty yet rarely turn to crime.
This thread is just fail.
Reply 32
Bagration

I've come across information that shows blacks commit substantial amount of crime in most countries which supports this genetic theory.

Blacks in the US are the least achievers in education and commit most crime.
Neo Con
It's getting worse, you would be naive to dismiss stats which are barely a decade old. I am sure there are more stats which point to same situation. No wonder my state is the nation's busiest capital punishment state. I say the needle is too quick for some of these criminals. Bring back the chair
While you're at it, why don't you tap some more phones, torture some more prisoners after holding them for years without trial, start pre-emptive wars with no justifications, destroy the American economy with financial corporatism, continually restrict the right to keep and bear arms, revoke posse comitatus, and turn the entire world against your country.

Ron Paul > Neo Conservatism

Neo Con
I've come across information that shows blacks commit substantial amount of crime in most countries which supports this genetic theory.

Blacks in the US are the least achievers in education and commit most crime.
And in which countries in the West were blacks not treated as second class citizens for large spans of time?
Reply 34
Neo Con
It's something more innate. Poor whites don't commit as many crimes as poor blacks.

that is load of ****.
Reply 35
I'm confused. So you should stop more Black people because they're more likely to commit crimes on Whites? Not because they commit more crimes in general? If they committed most of their crimes on Blacks and very few on Whites, you'd just leave them to it?

Why does the race of the victim make it more important to stop them? :confused:
Reply 36
Bagration
It's a worrying trend that stems from gangster rapper culture, not from race. The American Dream "culture" is one of the greatest ever to have been created in world history but it simply does not exist in the Black ghettos.

Basically this. Plus whatever else you've said in this thread.
Reply 37
Bagration
While you're at it, why don't you tap some more phones, torture some more prisoners after holding them for years without trial, start pre-emptive wars with no justifications, destroy the American economy with financial corporatism, continually restrict the right to keep and bear arms, revoke posse comitatus, and turn the entire world against your country.

Ron Paul > Neo Conservatism

America has a right to defend itself, as former vice president Dick Cheney said we are working for the security of our people, so our blood thirsty enemies don't strike us. Valid point.

Think of it this way, if there were no White europeans ever in America how would this nation be? It would be another mexico or africa. Simple as. I think we have a right to keep our nation civilized and fuctioning well. Everyone has equal rights in the states unless you choose to disrespect someone elses which is fair enough.
Reply 38
weflycars
I think you know nothing.. police = racist scum in the US (sometimes here too..)

No. You know FA. Do you live in the US? No. I do. So shut your mouth.

You'll find the black community much better represented in all sections of the US' massive and hugely diverse law enforcement community at all levels - Federal, State, County, etc. It's not unusual to find black Chiefs of Police, County Sherriffs, etc. You're the ones with a self acknowledged "institutionally racist" police service.

So, know what you say. Don't just say what you know. Because you know squat.
Reply 39
I think it's because white people are more afraid of black people in America and so the criminals just capitalise on this fear.

Latest

Trending

Trending