Turn on thread page Beta

would it be weird for me to date my friends sister?
    i'm interested to know becuase some people find it weird
    hes a good friend though but wouldnt mind some advice

ReputationRep:
    I am the sister who dated my brothers friend for a while! He said he didnt mind but he did and then the bloke started being really off with my brother as he felt weird being so freindly with his girlfriends brother and it all just got far too odd!!

It lasted about six months and me and the guy still talk but him and my brother dont.

Be careful would be my advice.x

ReputationRep:
    did the lat thread not give good enough replies? this is the second time i have seen this exact OP. ..

ReputationRep:
    I'll say it again: If there's grass of the wicket, let's play cricket.

I thought there was quite a few responses to the last one, and wasn't the last one the second one that had been made, making this the third...

ReputationRep:
    Yes if he is a good friend of yours. I think my mates would kill me if I started seeing their sister. Out of bounds.

ReputationRep:
    As long as you genuinely care about her and don't plan on dumping her then it's fine. Treat her well or pay the consequences.

ReputationRep:
    my sister started dating one of my mates, at the time i wasn't really to good of mates with him, i was abit wierd with it at first. they've now been together for 6 years, he's now my best mate and they are engaged.

so it can work if you are all mature and sensible about it.

I think it can work out if you are serious about it.
    It quite interesting that when a guy asks this question the responses are quite mixed. However when i (a girl) asks about a friends brother it seems to be a strong go for it. Strange, doesnt help i guess that for me it is both situations; he is friends with my brother and i am best friends with his sister - and our parents are best friends

OP; Go for it, just do not go behind the brothers back (even if the sister would rather he didnt know) that will only cause more problems

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2009
Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.