Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been doing my paperound for over a year now, and got over £100 in tips at Christmas. I enjoy it, but I've got my GCSEs and I'm going to quit for Easter.

Is it cheeky to send a note to everyone to say I'm leaving and thanks, as it looks like I'm begging for more tips?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. have you even spoken to any of them?

Btw, good work on getting £100, it feels good dunnit? I got £99.90 in tips one Xmas

ReputationRep:
    not at all. i did it, but then again i was there for 3.5 years....

i also sent them all christmas cards one year! got a hell of a lot of tips let me tell you

edit: I should add that i was friendly with most/all of them. I did use to talk to people at the door quite a bit so it wasnt just a plea for money, i was actually sorry to leave and did want to thank people

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't bother to be honest. I take it you still live close so you'll probably still see the people or at least some of them.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt they care who delivers the paper, tbh. If I got a note through the door saying the paper boy was leaving, I'd probably just not care.

ReputationRep:
    Might be a tad, depends if you speak to these people at all. If you don't it would probably look a bit cheeky yes.

ReputationRep:
    I met most of them when they gave the tips at Christmas, not many people are up at 6.30!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Not worth it, most of them probably don't care. I don't care who delivers my paper, as long as it gets here.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you should feel you have to leave because of your GCSEs - they don't take a lot of time to do. If you feel it's best though, then quit.

It depends on if you see the people you deliver to regularly. If you don't, I doubt they'll care.

ReputationRep:
    If you know the people, you can tell em you are leaving, if not then don't

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.