Essays Watch

RoosterUK
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
So, who has figured out that essays don't have to be in until 9am on the next working day from the deadline and is planning to work all night and put it in the essay box at 08:30 haha. Or maybe it's just the politics department.

Also, does anyone know what counts as the 'next working day' if the deadline is Friday the end of term?
affinity89
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
A few people in my politics seminar have worked that one out meaning they leave it until the weekend. Personally, I like to hand my essays in a few days before the deadline - just makes me feel better.

For History, the deadline is 3pm so you can't do that. Sadly.
xprincessx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have no essays yay for maths haha
Though I have quite a few friends working through the night...
Dooze
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah, I handed in my printed copy of my politics essay on Monday just gone, stayed up til 7 to hand it in. With politics though, you have to submit online too, so you'd still have to have it done in time to avoid a late mark deduction.
Robbolo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Psychology has its deadline on 12pm of the day its due in, alas
RoosterUK
Rep:
?
(Original post by affinity89)
A few people in my politics seminar have worked that one out meaning they leave it until the weekend. Personally, I like to hand my essays in a few days before the deadline - just makes me feel better.

For History, the deadline is 3pm so you can't do that. Sadly.
Yeah, I prefer to hand stuff in before the deadline usually... I just seem to have let the amount of essays get on top of me this time round.

(Original post by Dooze)
Yeah, I handed in my printed copy of my politics essay on Monday just gone, stayed up til 7 to hand it in. With politics though, you have to submit online too, so you'd still have to have it done in time to avoid a late mark deduction.
Quote from the Part 2 handbook suggests they don't take the online submission into account when deciding if it is in on time or not. But like I said I'd rather hand it in earlier rather than later though. It is a bit weird for the Easter Break, in a way the 'Next Working Day' isn't for weeks but I'm sure that can't be right.

(Original post by PART II Handbook 2008-09)
Essays will be recorded as having been submitted on time provided they are in the essay box by 9.00am on the following working day. (Thus an essay due on Monday 12 November will be on time if it is in the essay box by 9.00am on Tuesday 13 November; an essay which is due in on Friday 16 November will be on time if it is in the essay box by 9.00am on Monday 19 November.)
ByronicHero
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
bit of a sideline.... but what is the uni like in a general sense?? is it a peacefull place to study??
RoosterUK
Rep:
?
(Original post by paddy__power)
bit of a sideline.... but what is the uni like in a general sense?? is it a peacefull place to study??
There's plenty of peaceful places you can go to study. It's really nice now it's getting into summer because the Uni has some really nice quiet places outdoors... too bad I'm stuck in my room doing essays
ByronicHero
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by RoosterUK)
There's plenty of peaceful places you can go to study. It's really nice now it's getting into summer because the Uni has some really nice quiet places outdoors... too bad I'm stuck in my room doing essays
aww, im contemplating going thier potentially but i couldnt deal with having no nice places to work =]

aww poor you, has to be done though ay.

what subject/
Teao the Cat
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey, the library is always a good place to go and work, if you want somewhere quiet!
My deadlines are at 12 midday and 3pm respectively, so cant do the 9am thing!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (146)
45.91%
Pro-humanity (172)
54.09%

Watched Threads